40g breeder setup

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank equipment list. I am going to build a 40B. I am using LED's and it is going to cost around $450 for 36 LED's, heat sinks, dimmable driver, solder, thermal pads, wires, everything. I would look into it if I were you. Plus they last 50,000 hours. Replaicing 6 ATI bulbs every 10 months will pay off the LED's in no time.

OP
OP
R

Reefsurfing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the 6 bulb TEK on my 40, I really like the dusk to dawn effect. I went with a life reef HOB overflow, a 20L for my sump with a Euroreef 5-2 and a Marineland 3000 return. I've got a Tunze 45 from the back glass center pointing towards the front, along with the return agitating the surface and a 6025 down low pointing across the tank behind my rocks to keep things agitated.

tank.jpg

GReat set up!!! i love it! hey guess lets get some 40breeder pics posted here for some ideas vand just some ohh and awws

New2Reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run aquaticlife 6 bulb t5 fixture on my 40G its completely controllable by way of built in timer. check it out. AquaticLife LLC | Premium Marine Aquarium Products your tank is sweet..

This is my tank when it was cycling. bout 6 months ago. Id like to suspend my lights eventually they are too close for my preference.

tankcycling040510003.jpg

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back