6 Bulb T5 setup for 24" (40 Nuvo) Tank?

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the ideal T5 lighting setup for a 24" Wide (40 Nuvo)? I have the option of 4 bulb or 6 bulb combinations. I can control each bulb individually or in a combination for lighting times.

The problem that I face is that I have a huge 17" coral top (mushroom shaped) rock in the tank. Which as a direct result creates massive shadowing at the lower levels with LED's (had two AI Primes).

I swapped to T5 lights in order to get more spread and that has worked out well. Now just trying to dial in colors.

The tank houses 4 different colored bubble tips (RTBA, Rainbow, Green and Black Widow), couple of malu and a green/purple tip corkscrew.

Coral wise nothing but softies/leathers/zoas since they all seem to do fine if a nem goes on a wander and they all do well in a "dirty" tank.

Look forward to seeing what combo people come up with.

I don't want a "blue" tank, but do want the colors to pop when just certain bulbs/combinations are on when we are in the living room (evening/night)

thanks,
Joe

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duplicate thread..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back