6 line wrasse

Reeltree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is wrong with my 6 line wrasse & what can I do to help him?

image.jpeg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell anything from this photo, can you describe his behavior/symptoms and perhaps provide a better photo or two?

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What specifically are you referring to? All I can see from the picture is it looks like he may have white stringy poo, but I can't be certain that's what is going on in the pic. If that is the case then he more than likely has internal parasites and will needed to be treated. Metroplex is my favorite for deworming, you can either put the fish in a QT and treat the tank directly or you can soak some food with the Metro, make sure you use Seachem Focus to bind it, and feed it to the fish.

OP
OP
R

Reeltree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white spots were on the glass. I think I figured it out when I went to take a better pix. I have removed the phyco dottyback from my tank, he has been harassing the 6 line & he doesn't own the 75 gallon tank anymore!!!!
He has some pale spots is what I was worried about, but now I see his fins have been torn

image.jpeg

OP
OP
R

Reeltree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell anything from this photo, can you describe his behavior/symptoms and perhaps provide a better photo or two?
He was hidden in the corner this morning but now that the dottyback is removed he has eaten some mysis with selcon & is now acting normal.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost a year, I just put the rocks back into tank after setting them in sunshine for a couple months.

This could potentially be bad as it seems you are perhaps doing a mini re-cycle of your tank having just put the rock back into the tank?? Is this correct?

OP
OP
R

Reeltree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could potentially be bad as it seems you are perhaps doing a mini re-cycle of your tank having just put the rock back into the tank?? Is this correct?
Yes but I added them very slowly back into tank

OP
OP
R

Reeltree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate that the dottyback is in a tank by itself but he is just plain mean to the smaller fish! I don't know really what else to do with him. I'm afraid if I give him away he will torcher the next tank also! What to do?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 78 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back