75g vs 29g for multicolored angelfish

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I recently went to my LFS for a neon goby for a cleanup crew (they couldnt catch it, inexperienced worker, whatever) and one of my dream fish I have been planning on getting for a long time was there, a multicolored angelfish. I have been looking for one, this one is absolutely tiny, maybe an 1 1/4 inch or so

I am planning on putting this fish in my 75 gallon tank long term. I have been setting up and it has been cycling for a little while now, I have been cycling it on tap water until my new RO/DI unit gets in that will be able to fill the 75 gallon in a reasonable amount of time, the tank has algae growing and im going to test the water

now I have a bit of a issue, I dont have any fish in the 75 gallon right now, it is finishing its cycle. And its on tap water (well water that is high quality, with prime), do I add this fish to the 75 gallon or my already established 29 gallon with 2 clownfish, 2 mollys

the issue is the 29 gallon was exposed around 3 weeks ago to brooklynella, I treated the tank since then and none of my fish are exhibiting symptoms (bit of a longer story, fish died, but it would be too long to explain)

sorry for such a long post, but should I either put it in the 29 gallon where it has a small chance of being exposed to brooklynella, or put it in a 75 gallon that is not stocked and only just finishing its cycle, and its tap water

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so after testing the water, it all looks perfect and I have decided I’m going to add it to the 75, I just don’t want to risk anything and my tap water is pretty safe, I am on a well and I have treated the water, if anyone has any major objections better speak up before it’s too late, could always move the fish if it gets stressed

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 56 31.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back