7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7865.jpeg

Benny is getting fat from the algae! He’s such a great fish.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, last year was feb, now it is march, (ugh now I have to wait even longer) but the dates are the 4th and 5th
I googled it and, while it looks really cool, I’m not going to be able to fly out to anything beyond what I’ve already committed to next year, with a move planned and a kid starting college. Maybe another year!

I do think there’s some sort of reef conference coming to Chicago next year, if I remember right. Now that I could justify driving down for and getting a hotel. I’m not sure if they have dates yet, though.

Being a responsible adult often gets in the way of my fun.
200.gif

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I googled it and, while it looks really cool, I’m not going to be able to fly out to anything beyond what I’ve already committed to next year, with a move planned and a kid starting college. Maybe another year!

I do think there’s some sort of reef conference coming to Chicago next year, if I remember right. Now that I could justify driving down for and getting a hotel. I’m not sure if they have dates yet, though.

200.gif
I here ya I’m going on this last trip this weekend then I’m done for a little while lol

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I here ya I’m going on this last trip this weekend then I’m done for a little while lol
I’m going to Tampa at the end of November to visit some old friends. Then nothing until my annual trip to Ft. Lauderdale in May to visit more old friends.

Other than that, selling off the house, paying off medical debt, and sending my youngest off to college are my top priorities. I’ll slowly add on to my tank, but by bit, during all that and move to an apartment that has better rent. I had to move in a hurry last time and this place really gouges you for what you get.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

200.gif
Ooh, can’t wait for responsibility!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I won tickets to an upcoming Coral Farmer's Market. There's one in Phoenix either this month or next month. I'ma take my wife and go check it out. I tried to go in June but stuff came up. This will be my first Frag Swap/Reef Show ever! Looking forward to it.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would go to literally every single reef convention if I could! But I’m just a kid, so…. Not really my choice
I'm sure you can talk your dad into a trip to Cali, Texas, etc.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Travel as much as you can before you have a career and family to tie you down. It's one of the best things you can do while you're young. I'm always thankful I got the chance to do so.
I love my babies to pieces.. but they did ruin my freedom.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my babies to pieces.. but they did ruin my freedom.
They sure do!!! Now I'm in the phase where they're starting to have their own lives and I could travel again and do things, but I'm still paying their bills, so, no. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Plus, I'm no longer sure what to do with myself!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They sure do!!! Now I'm in the phase where they're starting to have their own lives and I could travel again and do things, but I'm still paying their bills, so, no. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Plus, I'm no longer sure what to do with myself!
Buy another tank, this one big enough to Scuba in? Do a Polo Reef type tank. No need to travel, just swim into the basement.

Back