A bit lost with QT protocol to follow.

Cflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using a one tank method. Using a 10 gallon tank. Before I’ve dosed prazi first x2. Slowly bringing copper up at the same time. Now I’m seeing to feed them with meds I don’t have and copper first prazi last. Any advise?

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t have to follow any particular protocol to the letter when it comes to treating for particular conditions. These are just guidelines meant to help.

If you’re done with prazi, do a water change and then do copper. The reason to space it out is oxygen depletion caused by both copper and prazi. You can feed medicated food throughout or once you are finished with copper.

OP
OP
Cflip

Cflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t have to follow any particular protocol to the letter when it comes to treating for particular conditions. These are just guidelines meant to help.

If you’re done with prazi, do a water change and then do copper. The reason to space it out is oxygen depletion caused by both copper and prazi. You can feed medicated food throughout or once you are finished with copper.

What’s the current thinking? Copper first then prazi at the end of the 30 days or prazi first with copper?

OP
OP
Cflip

Cflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I haven’t added any meds yet.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the current thinking? Copper first then prazi at the end of the 30 days or prazi first with copper?

It would depend on whether and what symptoms fish present. If you notice flukes I would go with prazi first. If ich or velvet then definitely copper. If there are no visible symptoms then it doesn’t matter as much.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to be prazi/GC first then copper. Then the Velvet epidemic happened so most reversed the order and started with copper. It's your call. Depends on the condition of your fish. But most are following the lead of @HotRocks and @4FordFamily and predosing at 1.0 ppm of copper and Spectrogram and then GC or Prazipro & Metro later.

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to be prazi/GC first then copper. The the Velvet epidemic happened so most reversed the order and started with copper. It's your call. Depends on the condition of your fish. But most are following the lead of @HotRocks and @4FordFamily and predosing at 1.0 ppm of copper and Spectrogram and then GC or Prazipro & Metro later.
Flukes aren’t generally as life threatening as velvet. :)

Pay attention though and if need be you can do prazi baths for temp relief.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back