Abyzz to Apex

fishstix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it worth it to spend the money on the Abyzz to Apex Interface Cable? It almost 200 dollars. My pump always on for my main return, besides when I am feeding. What would be the benfits?

Thanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i considered exactly the same question, I have the Abyzz a200

The only time the pump shouldn’t be on around full power is maybe when in a ‘feed mode’ but to be honest I broadcast feed coral food every 2 weeks and it’s easier just to manually turn the power down.

So in my opinion no it’s not worth it and certainly not at that price, it’s just a cable. I seem to remember it’s only ‘basic control’ as well from when I did my research on it.

OP
OP
F

fishstix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i considered exactly the same question, I have the Abyzz a200

The only time the pump shouldn’t be on around full power is maybe when in a ‘feed mode’ but to be honest I broadcast feed coral food every 2 weeks and it’s easier just to manually turn the power down.

So in my opinion no it’s not worth it and certainly not at that price, it’s just a cable. I seem to remember it’s only ‘basic control’ as well from when I did my research on it.

Thanks for the feedback, I was thinking the same thing, and was just really wondering if it was worth it. I could spend that 200 on something else for the tank instead.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I wish somebody had the pinout for the abyzz. What is that cable doing that it costs that much? Is it converting 0-10 or 1-10V to other form of control signal?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres an open box on brs for 150 if that means anything to you :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back