• Total voters

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys,
How do you acclimate corals.
I've got advice from huge shops and people, have done research, watched youtube videos from BRS and reef builders.
There is consensus that you should float the bags for temp and then Dip.
The conflicting advice is about drip acclimating. Some say its useless and some say its a MUST.

Where I buy corals, they told me to float for 10 min and then dip for 2 min and into the tank they go.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Okay guys,
I've got advice from huge shops and people, have done research, watched youtube videos from BRS and reef builders.
The conflicting advice is about drip acclimating. Some say its useless and some say its a MUST.

Where I buy corals, they told me to float for 10 min and then dip for 2 min and into the tank they go.
There will be various used by various persons. I’m not into any method of drip and I do float bags for about 20 mins under low light and place bags into a clean pail and open all the bags into the pail under ambient light
I add a cup of water every 15 mins and at 3rd cup addition do a ph and salinity test in the intended display and compare with that of the bucket. I continue to add to the bucket until salinity and ph are equalized and then do a quick dip in a large bowl, agitate in a second large bowl (salad sized) and place coral into tank under very low light high in blue

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys,

Why not follow what some of the experts say. Here is a great guide from Tidal Garden.

Interestingly, World Wide Coral says to put corals into the tank as soon as the temp is same (about 15 min). They don’t like to dip right away because shipping put enough stress on the corals. They suggest dipping about a week later. I’m not sure about that

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I float then gradually add water from the tank to the bag. They're in the tank within 30 minutes or so of me floating them. I figure the stress from floating is worse than just getting them into a healthy tank relatively soon

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back