Acquired new orange plate coral

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man that’s awesome. Remember to put it in the sand, plate corals can die if not on sand. They’re foot needs to grab the sand I believe
Plate corals do not have a foot and will not die if it isn’t in the sand. It is recommend they go on the sand bed because they can inflate themselves and move a bit, so placing them on the rock work is not recommended.

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree.
Care to explain why you disagree?

plate corals can move around a decent amount by themselves; if they aren’t on the bottom then there is a chance for them to knock themselves off what ever rock/ledge they’re on.

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to explain why you disagree?

plate corals can move around a decent amount by themselves; if they aren’t on the bottom then there is a chance for them to knock themselves off what ever rock/ledge they’re on.
This is what they should have said......instead of just disagree.
Plate corals do not have a foot and will not die if it isn’t in the sand. It is recommend they go on the sand bed because they can inflate themselves and move a bit, so placing them on the rock work is not recommended.

LaxFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad guess I was wrong. Heard that from somewhere, sorry for the bad info. Happy reefing amazing playe

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. It was at a bigals here in Ontario. They really don’t know much about reefs anymore. The corals are dimly let. Almost dark but they are cheap so I took a chance. Since it’s been under my ai prime on saxby it’s looks amazing! Way better that the store

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not yet figured out how to take coral pictures. This is our new plate. It eats a combo of mysis, brine and reef roids with vengeance. It is actually more blue and yellow. Never had a plate before. The tentacles are quite long and wave in the "breeze".

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 42

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have not yet figured out how to take coral pictures. This is our new plate. It eats a combo of mysis, brine and reef roids with vengeance. It is actually more blue and yellow. Never had a plate before. The tentacles are quite long and wave in the "breeze".

That plate is awesome. Let's see it in a little more white light.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back