Acropora tips and tricks

LeDart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello to those kind enough to read this post. I am relatively new to keeping acropora, and I am trying to create a resource thread for those who are also attempting to keep this fickle species. I currently have a RRC Pink Cadillac acropora, and an ARC Master Yoda acropora in my 40 gallon breeder. As for my tips, I believe consistency is key. I used to have other acropora, but they died during a dinoflagellate outbreak. So, what have y'all used in the past that seemed to work very well in improving your acropora's colors, polyp extension, and growth rate? What elements do you dose? Finally, what is the your method to keeping them alive, and maintaining a stable ecosystem for your corals to live in?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the extent it helps, I have 3 frags of acro that are doing well top and center in my Reefer 350:
  • ~500 PAR from Kessil AP9x and Orphek OR3 lighting combo
  • 2x MP40s on rear wall on opposite sides ~2/3 of the way up
  • 2x jebao SCP70 gyres on opposite sides a few inches below water surface, they run in long pulse mode anti-sync for 20 mins each hour
  • ~10% weekly water changes with IO salt
  • reef roids 1-2x a week target feeding to all corals with syringe
  • every other day brightwell coral aminos broadcast dose to the tank at 50% recommended amount

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back