Active and peaceful fish for a 10 gallon.

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purple firefish and a clownfish. Anything else?
Lol well that would have been good to know! Just kidden, those are the two i always kept in really small tanks so i'll let others jump in. Cleaner shrimp would be cool and adds lots of movement and personality.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol well that would have been good to know! Just kidden, those are the two i always kept in really small tanks so i'll let others jump in. Cleaner shrimp would be cool and adds lots of movement and personality.
I should've let you known. I also have a cleaner shrimp.

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond watchmen get to five inches so I wouldn't put it in a ten personally. You could go for a yellow watchman or wheeler goby, those are peaceful and pretty, but they usually stay near their burrows, so maybe not the most active fish.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank seems pretty well stocked for a 10 gallon. A diamond watchman goby will not do well in a 10 gallon due to their love of sifting the sanded, size, and not finding enough food in a 10 gallons and also they will mess up your tank. IMO you're good with fish maybe get a cool invertebrate like a pom pom crab?

Justin Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May favorite fish is a Royal Gramma. It might be a bit big for a 10g but even in my larger system, mine tends to stay in one very small general area.

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna second this! Inverts are some of the most interesting animals in the hobby, maybe add a small rock flower anemone with sexy shrimp, that'd be pretty awesome.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at the list of tiny gobies in my build thread. (Under my icon). I have no less than 9 gobies (and a Fire Clown) in a 14 gallon cube. I don't recommend putting that many in from the start of course. :) All of these get on magnificently. Except for the supposedly bonded pair of yellow neon/cleaner hybrids. The male relentlessly chases the duller colored female. Not so sure that they are a bonded pair.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back