AI Blade Tank Size

Suarez_Leslie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to add AI Blades to my IM50 Lagoon. While I want to keep my XR30 on there, we have decided to install the blades because it’s in the dining room. My main display has a floating canopy, so it hides the lights. Though I've tried to convince my wife about using the floating canopy in the dining room, we have decided on installing the AI Blades to sit on top of the tank with the flush mount. Let’s see how it goes.

My only question I haven’t been able to pinpoint through my research is with the tank's outside dimensions: Length: 29.92”, Width: 23.62”, Height: 16.14”. Can I use the 30.1” blade with the flush mount, or do I have to use the 21” blade?

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is just under 30" long, the light is just over 30" long.
SO, it will sit on top of the tank, albeit precariously.
There are screw holes on the ends of the lamp fixture.
I would fabricate something for each end of the longer lamp to hold it on the edges so it could not twist or slide into the water. It should be an easy task .

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RS 300 XL lit by 2X AI blades for the same reason. I think you will find the AI blades are enough lighting for your needs all the while keeping most of the light spill down.

she likes them so much she wants me to get a paid for the large fish only tank or build a canopy, she hates the blue lights in the house. so I fell ya brother.

you will want to do what snoopy said or what is the depth of the tank could you run them that way? might not look as clean but could work.

another idea is they make hanging hardware could hang them but place them right on the tank just added security so they don't go for a swim.

good luck I like the IM tanks I have there 200p

OP
OP
Suarez_Leslie

Suarez_Leslie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RS 300 XL lit by 2X AI blades for the same reason. I think you will find the AI blades are enough lighting for your needs all the while keeping most of the light spill down.

she likes them so much she wants me to get a paid for the large fish only tank or build a canopy, she hates the blue lights in the house. so I fell ya brother.

you will want to do what snoopy said or what is the depth of the tank could you run them that way? might not look as clean but could work.

another idea is they make hanging hardware could hang them but place them right on the tank just added security so they don't go for a swim.

good luck I like the IM tanks I have there 200p
Yeah I didn’t think of the 24 long ways but I might try that too. Nice I have the IM 100 P
WISH I did the 200p

Attachments

• IMG_4556.jpeg
    IMG_4556.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Suarez_Leslie

Suarez_Leslie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is just under 30" long, the light is just over 30" long.
SO, it will sit on top of the tank, albeit precariously.
There are screw holes on the ends of the lamp fixture.
I would fabricate something for each end of the longer lamp to hold it on the edges so it could not twist or slide into the water. It should be an easy task .
Thank you I may have to try that.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back