AI prime keeps switching time and date

seandre3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ai prime has recently started switching to the same date multiple times a day. 05/10/2106 3:30am. Ive tried everything to get it to stay set to current date and time. Any suggestions?

407_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same exact issue and it switches to the same exact date and time 5/10/2106 3:30am I noticed it originally while using Mobius and recently switched to the my ai app and am having the same issue… Anyone know what the issues is?

I also turned off lunar setting in hopes of a solution and it is confirmed it did not work.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up. Mine is just on some weird schedule now where it's noon at 2 am.

Did you let the little screen clog up? Once it overheats the first time and especially if you manage to melt the lens there's no telling what could be wrong with the electronics.

407_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up. Mine is just on some weird schedule now where it's noon at 2 am.

Did you let the little screen clog up? Once it overheats the first time and especially if you manage to melt the lens there's no telling what could be wrong with the electronics.
I literally just got it not even a month ago and because I don’t want to fry my coral I just got it im keeping it on no higher than 15% for the color settings.

So I take it you are having the same issue? Did you just adjust your light settings around the random time it is setting?

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I just started feeding the fish at midnight. But mine has melted. Eventually it will just die and I'll have to replace it.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My AI lights always reset the date/time when there's a power outage/flicker... Since so many seem to have the same problem with identical lights that's probably not the reason, but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.

saltybagel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, did anyone ever figure out why AI Prime 16HD lights and Nero pumps keep doing this time reset? I'm currently experiencing the same issue where I'll check myAI and find the time is set to ~3am and the date was randomly reset to sometime in 2106. The devices will also intermittently not connect to the app. Both are brand new as of a few weeks ago. I've found doing a factory reset or just updating to current time a few times will temporarily solve the issue, but it's not a permanent fix. :(

One Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same problem. 3 AI primes on 2 different systems. They randomly change the time and don’t turn on in the morning until I manually sync the clock in settings. The lights are 3 yrs old. I’ve experienced this if the power is interrupted, but now it’s every morning.

saltybagel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted both BRS and AI on the issue (I have 1 AI Prime 16HD paired with a Nero 3 pump on same 'tank' setup in myAI app). Just purchased both at the same time a few weeks ago, so brand new devices.

Both BRS and AI recommended verifying the settings first (using method below). Then if the issue persists, in the myAI app delete the suspect devices from the main tank so each suspect device has it's own separate 'tank' to narrow down which one causes the issue. The AI rep told me in most cases like this, one device is 'throwing off' the rest of the devices on the same tank config.
To 'verify' each device settings....
1. Open the myAi app and select your desired tank
2. Select "Settings"
3. Select "Time" Select "Set to Current Time"
4. Select "Settings" then choose "Troubleshooting"
5. Select " Verify settings"

I did this and found out my Nero 3 pump was causing the whole tank schedule time to offset. Not sure what the root cause is. Hoping to receive an answer (and hopefully solution) soon from either vendor.

TriggrFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen a successful resolution to the system date problem yet? My Prime 16 date is now resetting to year 2106 on a daily basis, requiring a manual date/time reset. Checked the boxes on resetting/updating/verifying the firmware. Really down on AI at the moment- considering a Kessil replacement over this and other connectivity issues.

PasoFish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen a successful resolution to the system date problem yet? My Prime 16 date is now resetting to year 2106 on a daily basis, requiring a manual date/time reset. Checked the boxes on resetting/updating/verifying the firmware. Really down on AI at the moment- considering a Kessil replacement over this and other connectivity issues.
Do you have a nero pump connected to the tank? Yesterday was the first day I had experienced any of this date and time nonsense happening, kept reverting to 2016 then 2106. Anyway, i have a nero 3 connected, and I noticed it wouldn't "verify settings" when I was trying however the light would. So I did a factory reset on the pump, removed from the tank and then added back to the tank. Since then I've had no issues with the date and time and both the pump and light verify settings now. I e-mailed AI about the issue but haven't heard a reply yet.

I too was pretty down on AI over this in the moment, especially because I was about to give them a positive customer service review for comping me a few Prime 16HD lenses, way outside of warranty, when I e-mailed them asking if there was a cheaper shipping method than the website showed. We spend a ton of money lighting especially and when these things fail it's extremely frustrating for a variety of reasons I won't get into here haha.

Staplesofficewar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I second @PasoFish89. I had the same issues, turned out it was the nero 3 doing it. I moved it to a separate tank in the app and the issue followed the pump. Not sure AI has a great response yet but they did replace my nero 3 and the hasn't come back.

TriggrFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, AI product support advised on the same fix... disconnect my Nero pump(s) and reconnect on another "tank" (I never even told them I owned a Nero Pump... they just assumed :) ) Seems like this is recently quite a common problem. All is working well now, crossing my fingers for the fix to last...

Bader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having this issue right now. I have a Nero3 pump and a Hydra 32HD. I was advised to split them into separate tanks, which removed the issue. After a good while I moved them back and the issue was gone for a while but returned after a few weeks. I have mixed feelings regarding their support, the support agent himself has been helpful but not happy with the company overall, I don't want to speculate publicly but I'm a bit surprised reading that more people have had the same issue when looking at the experience with their support.

I'm going to start with replacing the light and then I'll see if I can find somewhere on the circuit-board where I can connect a debugger, might provide some information other can find usefull and I'll update if I find anything. Finding the root cause through the support is no longer possible for me as I've asked them to close my ticket.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 48 49.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back