AI Prime led settings for Zoas?

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who has AI Prime led on there tank and grows or keeps zoas? I have a BC29 and i want to make a zoa garden with all high end zoas, I want a setting that would help best to make them look awesome and make them grow! What spectrums should high and what should be low?? Please help me out! thanks

Pg513

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two primes over my 36 and run blues 100, whites at 35, violet at 50, uv at 40, and don't use the red or green.

I ramp up/down for 3 hours with a 4 1/2 hour peak period.

Most zoas are about halfway up the tank.

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have primes but I do have Vegas and can say from my own experience start your numbers lower and slowly bring them up. It's pretty easy to cook the zoas . as far as growth I always spot feed zoas once or twice a wk and get great growth.

OP
OP
Albz

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have primes but I do have Vegas and can say from my own experience start your numbers lower and slowly bring them up. It's pretty easy to cook the zoas . as far as growth I always spot feed zoas once or twice a wk and get great growth.

What do you spot feed them???

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leader of the rebellion here. IMO any top end led will crow coral. doesn't mater how many sliders you have. we can go into how to target the carotenoids if you like. the only caution Id say is avoid too much blue. some say reduce the red for algae. Id bet if you look at the spectral info on the light at full it looks like a 14 or 16k MH across the spectrum. 14 and 16 to allow you increase and decrease the blue to 20k(or more but bleh) by lowering the or raising white.

Zoas in my research seem to prefer anywhere from about 50 to 250 par. science says photoinhibition stops at 350 par any way, i don't we even notice. Also many mh users and t5/led to regularly give corals more. A LOT MORE. keepin in mind many zoas grow in tide pools.
my only observation on zoas is many will tolerate lower light but almost all will tolerate crazy high light assuming they are acclimated to it and there are enough nutrients in the system to support it. more light, higher metabolism. that's key.

Set the color ratio by eye by eye and and concentrate on the intensity. walk away from the tank for a while and come back to it and check the color. our eyes can be "imprinted". small adjustments to color later wont effect may much.

I would bet that light at full full at 12 in gives you either 500 700 or 900 par. look at the manual or par information. i would further bet that 50% is a good starting point.

and any time you feed frozen turn the pumps off and hit the zoas. they eat anything, vicious little omnivores:D

OP
OP
Albz

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what im running now and my corals love it!!!! Well my hammer nd torch and braincoral have extended the most ive seen them before. My utter chaos look freaking gorgouse too ... 2 hour ramp

image.png

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/files/Setting up AI Prime or Hydra HD.pdf page 7
This will use the light as close as possible to what they want in nature. Most people dont use these correct the 450nm spike is in the cool white bulbs, of which there are most of .Setting the other things too high , violet , uv will cause more harm than good. I use these lights since they came out and still run them on my frag setup master/slave ,5 star light !

MyDayZzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new @ this but I found this article to help me. Right now my AI setting are little messy. Because I am transitioning from a white light to my new AI, I am working on omitting ALL the red light during the day except for a dedicated hour just before sunrise where it is pure red that transitions to yellow as I fade out the red and fade in green for 20mins- then its day lighting. Then I have a 25% chance of storm during my red light hours so I won't bloom algae
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0092781

taxiem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@geniusgio I would really appreciate the file also if possible please. New to the AI and trying to find the best setting for my zoas. I do like a good ping of blue in the evening though so everything really pops if that makes sense xxx

geniusgio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure buddy , message me your email address if you’d like. I tweaked it for lunar activity after 12am , you can turn it off if you’d like

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back