AI Prime? Upgrade recommendation

brandondavidson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interesting in upgrading the lighting for my 6 gallon nano tank. I’m currently running a 30W NICREW light which is serving me well but I’m looking for more spectrum control, intensity control, timing control, and user friendliness. My understanding is that the AI Prime 16HD would be a good choice given their easily accessible app. Is this the best light for the price? Is there anything similar of comparable quality that may be cheaper and also with easy user accessibility? Has everyone found the AI Prime to be a quality light? Thanks so much.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 AI primes on a IM 20 peninsula and 1 on a IM 10 for the last 3 + years. Other than melting the lens on the UV and Violet LEDS about ever 7-8 months, I'm completely happy with them. They grow everything from anemones to SPS.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM 10 this morning.
IMG_0507.JPG

aciak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 AI primes on a IM 20 peninsula and 1 on a IM 10 for the last 3 + years. Other than melting the lens on the UV and Violet LEDS about ever 7-8 months, I'm completely happy with them. They grow everything from anemones to SPS.
Just curious- how do you have them mounted? Have a pic? I have the same tank with one AI Prime on a flex mount and I’ve been considering upgrading to two but don’t want to mount each off of the “back” of the tank. Here’s the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_6773.jpeg
    IMG_6773.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 36

FernFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
noopchye k7 mini , just got it amazing shimmer 60w, comes with mount unlike the ai

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back