aiptasia help

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk what to do, I have 2 or 3 rn, 1 half inch tall, how to I get rid, they are on zoa plugs that a friend gave to me. I don't have a needle syringe thing, and im not spending money rn. could I just pick them off with tweezers?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stewy14 Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk what to do, I have 2 or 3 rn, 1 half inch tall, how to I get rid, they are on zoa plugs that a friend gave to me. I don't have a needle syringe thing, and im not spending money rn. could I just pick them off with tweezers?

Hi @stewy14 , this may be in the wrong part of the forum but i have a quick resolve well spending almost no to small amounts of money. I have done this with a few frags from the LFS and it has worked out.

If you have any super glue gel or super glue available, dab over each aiptasia attempting to avoid any of the zoa. Once the superglue is in the water it will create a film and lock them into the glue.

Monitor and see if any small aiptasia pop up and repeat the process. Do not pick at them with tweezers especially in the tank as they will spawn and create many more.

Hope this helps, if on a budget this can definitely work.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @stewy14 , this may be in the wrong part of the forum but i have a quick resolve well spending almost no to small amounts of money. I have done this with a few frags from the LFS and it has worked out.

If you have any super glue gel or super glue available, dab over each aiptasia attempting to avoid any of the zoa. Once the superglue is in the water it will create a film and lock them into the glue.

Monitor and see if any small aiptasia pop up and repeat the process. Do not pick at them with tweezers especially in the tank as they will spawn and create many more.

Hope this helps, if on a budget this can definitely work.
I put the glue over the mouth?

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
t
stewy14 Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:
hey rlly just came from a zoa that a friend gave, idk his things

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m not be a fan of glue near coral but mix kalkwasser powdered into a toothpaste like consistency and injection paste into center core and aptasia will melt

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If it is an Aiptasia then when you take it out of the water it will retract into a little glob or retract into a small hole. Keep an eye on it once you take it out of the water, Glue over the hole, or cover it in glue. As @vetteguy53081 said try to avoid much contact with the zoa and there are many ways to take care of these little pests this is just an inexpensive option.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This does not make sense. IMHO there is no way to answer

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what doesn't make sense?
"idk what to do, I have 2 or 3 rn, 1 half inch tall, how to I get rid, they are on zoa plugs that a friend gave to me. I don't have a needle syringe thing, and im not spending money rn. could I just pick them off with tweezers?"

What is rn. How do I get rid. A needle syringe thing. not spending money rn. ??

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"idk what to do, I have 2 or 3 rn, 1 half inch tall, how to I get rid, they are on zoa plugs that a friend gave to me. I don't have a needle syringe thing, and im not spending money rn. could I just pick them off with tweezers?"

rn, is right now.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

a needle syringe thing, idk what thats called, the syringe with a needle at the end of it. people have said to inject hot water into the anemone with that.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So condensing down - you have aiptasia (a couple) - that are large around some other corals.

I'm assuming the 'needle thing' is an injection of one of a number of chemicals.

IMHO - Inject. and prepare for the babies - with Berghia

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So condensing down - you have aiptasia (a couple) - that are large around some other corals.

I'm assuming the 'needle thing' is an injection of one of a number of chemicals.

this honestly makes no sense,
in my honest opinion, inject(I don't have a medical syringe)and I don't want babies, and aren't the berghias gonna die after they eat them though?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back