air trapped in dosing pump line

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across this posting just a bit late tho lol, 2 years later. But if anyone is still having an issue like this, forget everything that was said in this post. What you need to do is to keep the end of your line pointing up not down. Pointed up keeps air from rising up the line. GL

You probably didn’t mean it quite the way that came out, but telling people to forget what everyone else suggested is not a good way to try to help, especially in a very old thread.

kris2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a search on Google because I had the same problem I noticed that the bubbles get in from the outlet end of the tubing!

Was anyone completely able to eliminate this bubble issue if so how did you do it?

kris2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across this posting just a bit late tho lol, 2 years later. But if anyone is still having an issue like this, forget everything that was said in this post. What you need to do is to keep the end of your line pointing up not down. Pointed up keeps air from rising up the line. GL

I'm going to try this, but even if this works... what about the bubbles already trapped in the tube?

Do i keep BRS doser upside down and ensure it's below the sump lip?
So outlet tubing is going up or linear to the sump? Just wondering!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back