Air Water & Ice

|FATHOM|

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up Air Water & Ice does not stand by their lifetime warranty. Unfortunately it is a gimmick.

I order replacement filters for my Hurricane unit about twice a year. Its 20 years old so I understand stuff is going to wear or break in that time. I have replaced parts on my dime over the years which is ok and to be expected.

I had a couple of fittings starting to leak so I thought I'd reach out and see if they would replace them. I emailed and they asked for pictures. That's fine and I sent them. Then they told me that I should replaced the unit. They recommend replacing them every 7 years. I mentioned it had a lifetime warranty and that it was working just fine so I would just like the parts. Mind you these parts add of to 5 dollars. They kept pushing replacement. I said again that I wasn't interested.

Finally they said that if I purchased all the filters (which I was going to do anyways bit hadn't mentioned) that they would throw those in.

These are 5 bucks worth of parts. I'd hate to imagine if I called them on their lifetime warranty on something more expensive.

Just a heads up regarding the warranty if that tips the scales for your purchase. It will not be honored. They've always been great in the past but I heard they sold the company. I will be trying out a new rodi unit after these filters are done.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up Air Water & Ice does not stand by their lifetime warranty. Unfortunately it is a gimmick.

I order replacement filters for my Hurricane unit about twice a year. Its 20 years old so I understand stuff is going to wear or break in that time. I have replaced parts on my dime over the years which is ok and to be expected.

I had a couple of fittings starting to leak so I thought I'd reach out and see if they would replace them. I emailed and they asked for pictures. That's fine and I sent them. Then they told me that I should replaced the unit. They recommend replacing them every 7 years. I mentioned it had a lifetime warranty and that it was working just fine so I would just like the parts. Mind you these parts add of to 5 dollars. They kept pushing replacement. I said again that I wasn't interested.

Finally they said that if I purchased all the filters (which I was going to do anyways bit hadn't mentioned) that they would throw those in.

These are 5 bucks worth of parts. I'd hate to imagine if I called them on their lifetime warranty on something more expensive.

Just a heads up regarding the warranty if that tips the scales for your purchase. It will not be honored. They've always been great in the past but I heard they sold the company. I will be trying out a new rodi unit after these filters are done.
To be devils advocate, 7 years they consider the lifetime of the unit. You said you have had it 20?

I get your position. If I have something working perfect, I wouldn't want to replace either. The company should understand that atleast.

OP
OP
|FATHOM|

|FATHOM|

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be devils advocate, 7 years they consider the lifetime of the unit. You said you have had it 20?

I get your position. If I have something working perfect, I wouldn't want to replace either. The company should understand that atleast.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I understand where you are coming from but they have this in the verbiage which is what swayed me to get the unit in the first place:

"While you can continue to receive replacement parts for AWI old units forever, AWI recommends that every unit be replaced every SEVEN YEARS."

I work in sales and having them trying to sell me first before helping me was very off putting. You always help first and the sales will come to you thanks to the trust and confidence in you/your product/service.

The lifetime warranty is just a bit misleading which is what I would like to warn others about.

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. Especially as I am in the market for an RODI system. LOL, just visited the website and saw their Lifetime Warranty Greeting!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What "parts" were leaking that you requested to be replaced?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems perfectly clear. They need to send you the parts. Period.
Before you draw that conclusion, have you read and understand the full warranty and what parts are being discussed?

Last edited:
OP
OP
|FATHOM|

|FATHOM|

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What "parts" were leaking that you requested to be replaced?
They were "fittings", as stated in my initial post, which should be covered under warranty according to their warranty verbiage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
|FATHOM|

|FATHOM|

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you draw that conclusion, have you read and understand the full warranty and what parts are being discussed?

According to them they cover everything including housings, fittings, and even tubing. They also say "etc." after tubing indicating they cover more than just those mentioned above.

I've replaced a housing top, the metal tray, some fittings, and hoses when I gave the system a tune up a couple of years back using their parts. This was on my dime since I'm reasonable and I understand things wear out. I didn't hold them to their warranty or try to put in a claim even though these parts should've (according to their policy but they dont honor it so maybe not) been covered. I checked my email and I got the unit in 2007 so wear is expected.

I was going to order some filters/media again(190.00) and needed two fittings so I thought I would ask if they could throw those in before I put my order in. They would not. Total cost to consumer would've been 5 bucks. Imagine if I needed warranty on a housing.

Just so no one jumps to conclusions here is the warranty info:

"LIFETIME PARTS WARRANTY​

This Lifetime Limited Warranty applies to "parts replacement only" of any AWI Reverse Osmosis unit assembled by AWI. Air, Water & Ice is not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, losses, or expenses arising from installation, use, or any other causes. RO units including the housings, fittings, tubing etc are made from plastic and eventually they will crack and fail from fatigue depending upon temperature, water pressure, and just plain old age, nothing lasts forever except our LIFETIME REPLACEMENT PARTS WARRANTY. All of our RODI and RO systems max pressure is 75 PSI, never install a system where inlet water pressure exceeds 75 PSI. While you can continue to receive replacement parts for AWI old units forever, AWI recommends that every unit be replaced every SEVEN YEARS.

This Lifetime Warranty does NOT apply to any pump, electrical devices or any other parts has has moving components that can wear out such as ASOV, Fast Flush, ball valves and similar items."

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back