Alk question

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think there is a benefit of dosing 10x/day - as compared to twice/day (asking for people who work, etc). To answer the OP - if you wanted to dose this much a dose is probably worth a thought (sorry @Lavey29 ) not criticizing your method - just an answer for the OP
Yes, so you don't get sudden spikes. It's more balanced and stable throughout the day dosed incrementally. Of course smaller levels can be dosed by hand once or twice daily but when you get up in the 30, 40, 50, etc... ML per day then it needs to be spread out each hour and time between alk and cal dosing to prevent precipitation.

OP
OP
InactionJackson

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, so you don't get sudden spikes. It's more balanced and stable throughout the day dosed incrementally. Of course smaller levels can be dosed by hand once or twice daily but when you get up in the 30, 40, 50, etc... ML per day then it needs to be spread out each hour and time between alk and cal dosing to prevent precipitation.
Sounds good….don’t need spikes….

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we are talking about dosing, I've been using the 2 head Red Sea doser for 1.5 years. Works flawlessly, very compact and easy to set up. Reasonably priced too. Reef beat app works great and alerts you to any issues. Easy to modify doses with reef beat app too.

OP
OP
InactionJackson

InactionJackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since we are talking about dosing, I've been using the 2 head Red Sea doser for 1.5 years. Works flawlessly, very compact and easy to set up. Reasonably priced too. Reef beat app works great and alerts you to any issues. Easy to modify doses with reef beat app too.
I got an x1 Kamoer off another reefer….my tank is predominantly lps and softies so I don’t see dosing much on Mag and Calc.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 88 33.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.5%
Back