OP
OP
T

tylr_am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, what kind of fish do you have in there? In general your original 8 fish was probably too many to have in a 20 gallon tank. 4-5 in a 20 g tank is plenty and you definitely should never have had a lionfish or puffer fish which I saw in a previous post of yours. I’m not trying to be the fish police here, but poor husbandry could very well be your problem. They could just be killing each other because they are overcrowded depending on the species.
heres a video of one of the fish

OP
OP
T

tylr_am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tylr_am Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Fish does not look terrible and has good breathing rate. Hold off with additions and take the time to perfect water quality and provide good diet

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This fish looks pretty good overall, at least it doesn't show any severe symptoms. Is it still eating?

I know people are focused on water quality issues, but in general, those do not cause chronic fish mortality, more often, the fish just start looking poorly, and then, when the water parameter hits a certain level, they all start dying over days to weeks, not months like this seems to have done (although you didn't specifically state a timeline for these losses).

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back