Alternatives to Geos reef?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured that out, I’m just confused why it says 16over all Height. Maybe I’m thinking to much into it, but when it’s described as something, regardless of name, that’s what a customer expects. And the 618 says it’s 22 inches, so I’m wondering where the 4 inches is going on the reactors.
Is the 18" the reaction chamber?
I have a friend that runs one. They are well built.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured that out, I’m just confused why it says 16over all Height. Maybe I’m thinking to much into it, but when it’s described as something, regardless of name, that’s what a customer expects. And the 618 says it’s 22 inches, so I’m wondering where the 4 inches is going on the reactors.

The names 612, 618, 624... etc indicate cylinder diameter and height. Those specs were probably not updated and indicate the old design with the recirculation loop/plumbing through the lid, hence the extra height measurement. Additionally, a bag of Reborn weighs 8.8 pounds.

DDD4D356-8AE0-48AC-AA2D-3CA22699AB73.jpeg

45bravo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already got the 6"12" part, but I think it might be once you have the probe in? Or like they said the old design specs weren't updated.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
others have named different top-notch Calcium Reactors. I find in this hobby there is always an alternative. I thought Ecotech was the only lighting that you could have success with for the price I am glad I was wrong. There are so many other vendors who are not rude and turn around is not as long. They were mentioned in this thread which I plan on taking advantage of.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back