***Amazing Game Changer coming from Coralvue***

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I'm seeing how this integrates with say for instance 4 MP40's. I'm still going to need the driver and power supply for it right? Maybe I'm just being dense.

kgk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this talks to Vortech pumps via RF. I'm not sure what game this is changing. I can already do this with Reeflink or Apex...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes !! Yes it is! [emoji91][emoji91]
I didn't realize it controlled other pumps - etc - I thought based on the intial post that it only controls a limited number of things. Does anyone think (or would it need to be) it is APEX compatible?

kgk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I'm seeing how this integrates with say for instance 4 MP40's. I'm still going to need the driver and power supply for it right? Maybe I'm just being dense.

Talks via RF, so like an Apex or Reeflink. You still need the drivers and power bricks.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like this talks to Vortech pumps via RF. I'm not sure what game this is changing. I can already do this with Reeflink or Apex...
One thing - after reading the spec sheet - is that you would have your 4 cords going to the device - and only need 1 power supply - thereby decreasing 'clutter'. Im not one of those guys that cares about the number of cords - and frankly - I would be slightly worried that if the device failed - there would be problems with all things connected - as compared to a problem with one of them. BUT - it seemed quite interesting reading the second link.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Talks via RF, so like an Apex or Reeflink. You still need the drivers and power bricks.
this is not how I read it - but if correct - it would take away some of the advantage. I was under the impression that you plugged your pumps directly into the device - that is then connected to 1 power cord. I may have read incorrectly (and I don't use the pump you mentioned - so im not sure how they work). It

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Definitely in the same boat as everyone, that would be awesome and a lot less cords for me as well. One question though umm this boat we are all in, is it motorized or do we have paddles, because we definitely need to get moving on this technology.

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused, how is this different than say hooking your pumps up to a controller?

kgk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing - after reading the spec sheet - is that you would have your 4 cords going to the device - and only need 1 power supply - thereby decreasing 'clutter'. Im not one of those guys that cares about the number of cords - and frankly - I would be slightly worried that if the device failed - there would be problems with all things connected - as compared to a problem with one of them. BUT - it seemed quite interesting reading the second link.

The ecotech driver doesn't have any connections that would plug into this device. The pump itself has a Molex-style connector inside the driver housing at the end of the long cable.

This talks to Vortech pumps via wireless, like the Apex WXM or the Reeflink would. So if you have an Apex, not sure why you'd want this. If you have multiple different brands of pumps, no Apex, & want to control them all through a single pane of glass, then this is a solution.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ecotech driver doesn't have any connections that would plug into this device. The pump itself has a Molex-style connector inside the driver housing at the end of the long cable.

This talks to Vortech pumps via wireless, like the Apex WXM or the Reeflink would. So if you have an Apex, not sure why you'd want this. If you have multiple different brands of pumps, no Apex, & want to control them all through a single pane of glass, then this is a solution.
But, for instance, if you have multiple pump brands and a controller, this will tie them all together. As most controllers dont communicate with all brand pumps.

My P4 talks with my vortecs, but not my nero or icecap.

jokim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most main pumps should be from the same brand and other ones are used for a specific need in the tank. This is like getting a controller for a radion for one side of the tank and a maxspect for the other side to get the same spectrum.

Also, always had issues with coralvue and their service. They have some good products but there are other alternatives just as good

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most main pumps should be from the same brand and other ones are used for a specific need in the tank. This is like getting a controller for a radion for one side of the tank and a maxspect for the other side to get the same spectrum.

Also, always had issues with coralvue and their service. They have some good products but there are other alternatives just as good
Very fair point.

Regarding the pumps, I have loved the gyre/ vortec combo none being the dominate.

kgk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But, for instance, if you have multiple pump brands and a controller, this will tie them all together. As most controllers dont communicate with all brand pumps.

My P4 talks with my vortecs, but not my nero or icecap.

I've never used a Profilux, so that's a configuration I hadn't considered. I'm sure this is useful, it's just not useful everywhere. Apex seems to be the dominant controller people use, and there are straight-forward ways to control lots of different pumps in that system and use a single interface to control them all. I suppose there are still RK & RKL's out there too that would probably benefit from this.

Clearly they saw a market opportunity or they wouldn't have bothered making it... I'd hope.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m mostly a vortech user, so I see no advantage to this over WXM or Reeflink. Is interesting that it claims wireless vectra control - something not available in the WXM.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously not for someone with an Apex, which the majority of people don't have. And this looks to be an easy way to have a gyre (or any mix of brands) on the same configuration as your other pumps.

I'm curious to see if it can control Reef Octopus return pumps because the controllers for all their pumps (skimmer, return, wave makers) are all the same.

I keep getting emails for all the new products CoralVue is putting out. Just to clarify, CoralVue is a distributor of most US aquarium gear, like Reef Octopus, Maxspect, ect... So these products that they're going to be showing aren't all going to be theirs.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 185 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back