Amazon warranty Aquarium stuff

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking at a new Aqua Illumation AI Prime HD, my old Wi/FI models work great I have heard the bluetooth are not so good, if I buy it through Amazon and get the extra warranty, is it a trouble free return? They have 3 years for 21 dollars and 29 for 4 years coverage? Thanks In advance

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often it isn’t the company that you are buying from the offers the extended warranty but some other company. Did you read the terms?

Also some items ship from stores and not Amazon warehouse. I see a prime form premium aquatics on there.

Many credit cards offer a 1 year warranty after manufactures expires for no cost. Depends on the card. Just FYI.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I am looking at a new Aqua Illumation AI Prime HD, my old Wi/FI models work great I have heard the bluetooth are not so good, if I buy it through Amazon and get the extra warranty, is it a trouble free return? They have 3 years for 21 dollars and 29 for 4 years coverage? Thanks In advance
Your insurance will be from a third party and not amazon but legit sellers are generally on Amazon as they need to maintain a certain score to be a continued amazon seller

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not read the terms yet, I do not have a CC, I need to get one, I just use my debit card. I have heard the AI lights are not as good as they used to be, so if that is the case I just want to return it and not have OH you opened it or oh we have already shipped it BS.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AI/EchoTech’s customer service is fantastic and so is there warranty. I wouldn't spend the extra money. They gave me a whole new light for free...even after repairing it once and I bought the light from someone else so I didn't have any proof of purchase. Amazon’s warranty for third party products is not the manufacturer’s warranty and is really more of a way for them to make extra money.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read the BRS reviews and they are not good, I just want to be protected.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I click on the ai prime on Amazon it does NOT say free returns. I wouldn’t expect to be able to return it at all even if not opened and those 3rd party insurance companies does not mean a refund either. If it actually broke out of warranty it is likely they would make you pay to send it to them and they would decide if it is covered under warranty and possibly say no and you would get nothing.

I never buy those extended warranty’s.

Also I am pretty sure many of these map brands you are not allowed to return?

Back