American Aquariums

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HighChiefKC any more pics? Like bottom of the return? Interested on how it's going to be plumbed
Yea I’m interested too! Not sure how I’m going to do the plumbing yet. I already bought a used Vectra L2, now I’m seeing build threads where everyone is using 2 different return pumps! And I’m like dang, should I have done that?
Will post pics when I remember!

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you. I was thinking of running 6 so I can run 2 bean animal setups. You think one set of 3 will be enough?

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg I dont thing I can wait 12 weeks lol. So excited for this build!!!!! Thanks for all the info. Looks like American acrylics makes amazing stuff and Adam has truly been great with responding

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s some picks of the 3 holes in overflow from top view and below looking up. Sump. And one of the returns that’s on each end of the overflow

the wait wasnt too bad for me. I had a big project of cutting a hole in the wall and building the stands. I also had shelves made to organize garage. Pics in my build thread. I try to build up cash to pay for everything. So I’m the time I’ve waited, I have lights, pumps, and skimmer. Been waiting forever to catch BRS having their heaters in stock.
327FF945-1F7A-4FCB-8008-D87E59B83CF5.jpeg
63F39630-51C3-44C0-B389-FD7E4B275E66.jpeg
B6073158-6D58-43A9-85EF-E529D1F816AD.jpeg
C71B86A2-A367-4704-AD06-18A31310B185.jpeg
BA05875D-1C6D-4AF5-9DB0-2BC84A74CAAD.jpeg

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you who have American Aquariums tanks, how do you like them?
I haven’t had any problems with mine! The front acrylic is already super scratched up, but I only notice it if my nose is right up against it looking. I can’t see it from 5 feet away.
I had them make my sump, just so that I could throw it in with the price of the tank and finance it

I’ve not been happy with the sump design, wish I would have bought a name brand one. But it will make due.

bluecheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t had any problems with mine! The front acrylic is already super scratched up, but I only notice it if my nose is right up against it looking. I can’t see it from 5 feet away.
I had them make my sump, just so that I could throw it in with the price of the tank and finance it

I’ve not been happy with the sump design, wish I would have bought a name brand one. But it will make due.

Good to hear. We're looking to put a 125ish gallon tank in my office. The price is right for American Aquariums tanks. Good to hear it isn't too good to be true.

What don't you like about the sump

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my tank but there is some sloppy glue work. Other than that completely happy with my 280

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a custom build coming in December. I started making inquiries during quarantine last March. So far, I have been impressed with what I see of AA and Adam. My only complaint would be that the tank I ordered was listed as 143 gallons. When I did the math and confirmed that the dimensions ordered were exterior dimensions... the tank is actually 127. I'm still good with it but I do value truth in advertising, as they have not updated the listing.
I am very happy to have found this thread. The crating looks spectacular. I have much more confidence in my purchase.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only complaint would be that the tank I ordered was listed as 143 gallons. When I did the math and confirmed that the dimensions ordered were exterior dimensions... the tank is actually 127

To be fair, virtually every other tank maker in the industry world wide uses the same method to size there tanks. So they are just following the industry standards, doesn't make it right though, just pointing out they aren't the only ones.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, virtually every other tank maker in the industry world wide uses the same method to size there tanks. So they are just following the industry standards, doesn't make it right though, just pointing out they aren't the only ones.
I did not know that. It's kind of silly when we have to calculate salt, sand, rock and livestock based on gallons.
But, as I said... so far the communication has been great. I am really looking forward to the new build.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.0%

Back