Anemone basket from ebay

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I've been trying to find more information about this but I was looking around and saw there is a bubble tip anemone basket on ebay. It's sold by lareefs for 155 including 35 for shipping.

Has anyone bought one of these? I was curious if it was worth the buy or to look elsewhere for nice bright bubble tip anemones.

They do have a video on YouTube showing some of the anemones they offer.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are asking about the 3 pack of bubble tip anemones? I was searching all over for an "anemone basket"

OP
OP
Reefing newbie

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are asking about the 3 pack of bubble tip anemones? I was searching all over for an "anemone basket"

Yes that is correct. I am sorry! I should have specified that better. I actually looked up lareef in the search bar and found some more helpful answers. Have you had any experience with them?

serenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband purchased one for me, they arrived in good shape except for one due to the heat pack sitting too close. Seller was easy to work with extending the guarantee and giving me credit towards a future purchase although I am still waiting since last year for the website to be updated. However the seller did give me a choice of credit or partial refund and we chose credit.
They are nice varietys of red bubble tips there were no standard red or pinks. But a lot of the value of the anemones is definitely based on what is available local too. I ended up with it as a gift because my husband knew I collected bta's and didn't feel comfortable spending $100's on one without talking to me first. Lol

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband purchased one for me, they arrived in good shape except for one due to the heat pack sitting too close. Seller was easy to work with extending the guarantee and giving me credit towards a future purchase although I am still waiting since last year for the website to be updated. However the seller did give me a choice of credit or partial refund and we chose credit.
They are nice varietys of red bubble tips there were no standard red or pinks. But a lot of the value of the anemones is definitely based on what is available local too. I ended up with it as a gift because my husband knew I collected bta's and didn't feel comfortable spending $100's on one without talking to me first. Lol
Got any pictures?

serenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170220_012759.jpg

Under the orange sunburst in the middle, and on the left of the purple passion. They're quite pretty, I'll have to get some better pictures of them.

View attachment 20170217_101202.jpg

OP
OP
Reefing newbie

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is good to hear. I tried sending them a message over ebay but I have not received a reply yet. That is a good idea. I will have to show my girlfriend for a future birthday gift maybe haha.

I saw the video and I was more interested in their orange or yellow splits. I did like the deep red as well. Did they let you choose or was it al lrandom?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good to hear. I tried sending them a message over ebay but I have not received a reply yet. That is a good idea. I will have to show my girlfriend for a future birthday gift maybe haha.

I saw the video and I was more interested in their orange or yellow splits. I did like the deep red as well. Did they let you choose or was it al lrandom?
I think that everyone is more interested in their orange or yellow splits. :D If they were selling the "rare" anemone colors at that price I think they would be constantly sold out.

serenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those have always been more of my interest as well, but the eBay one's are picked at random.
It'scurrently closed up due to my cleaner shrimp but the rainbow next to my sunburst on the bottom is from the eBay group.

View attachment 20170221_233850.jpg

OP
OP
Reefing newbie

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that everyone is more interested in their orange or yellow splits. :D If they were selling the "rare" anemone colors at that price I think they would be constantly sold out.

Hahah I agree with what you said. Was trying to be optimistic and hopefully I could pick those out :cool:

I would be interested to see what your rainbow looks like when its open. That sunburst next to it though just shines so bright. Honestly close to making a full anemone tank once I get more space for one. Would love to do a propagation tank of higher end anemones at some point as well.

serenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get some new pictures of them in the morning. I've actually decided to make my 90 a nem specific tank and have been filling it with higher end anemones mostly with a couple rainbows, greens and bleached rescued anemones for contrast.

serenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see that. Do you have a build thread for that by any chance?
I actually haven't gotten around to starting one yet since until last fall the system was a predator tank. And after switching directions I decided to go with an expansion of my smaller reef and wanted somewhere to put my anemones so I didn't have to worry about them walking over other corals.

OP
OP
Reefing newbie

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually haven't gotten around to starting one yet since until last fall the system was a predator tank. And after switching directions I decided to go with an expansion of my smaller reef and wanted somewhere to put my anemones so I didn't have to worry about them walking over other corals.

Yeah I will be having that problem next week. I only have 1 for now though.

serenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To minimize the problem in my 65 reef I placed my nems in good flow where they will have to move against the flow to run over corals. In two years I have only had one incident with my corals and anemones and that was during a power outage and I was only running the sump pump and my lights were only on for two hours. There was sunlight visible to the tank and that's what the anemones were moving towards.

OP
OP
Reefing newbie

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good idea. I'll have to keep that in mind. I have a spot cleared out at the top of the rock work with a nice deep hole for the foot and moderate flow with nice lighting so fingers crossed.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased from Luis (lareefs) many times. he has good stuff.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several years ago I got a few that had dark purple tentacles and bright green tips. he gets some really nice rainbows too. nothing insanely rare though.

OP
OP
Reefing newbie

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several years ago I got a few that had dark purple tentacles and bright green tips. he gets some really nice rainbows too. nothing insanely rare though.

Thank you for the reply. I think I may have to buy a few packs in the future. Did you purchase the random 3 pack of anemones or did you pick specific ones?

Back