Anemone is upside down

Rcraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anatomy keeps flipping itself upside down. I brought it home on Sunday within an hour it opened itself up by the next morning it had moved itself to the other side of the tank, then this morning it was fine. when I got home this afternoon it was upside down, so I flipped it right side up and now it looks like its getting ready to flip upside down again. Last night before going to bed I made it a point to flip it right side up and this morning it is upside down again. check water water is fine can anybody tell me if it is dying or it just has an attitude or what I should do?

20160106_075542.jpg

20160105_183032.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the photo but I would try to wedge it in a rock where it can take hold and then move about as it wishes more effectively. It's not usually good when they look that deflated.

Word of caution, either pay close attention to it until it settles or turn off your powerheads because they love to commit suicide in them.

I will also say the best way to care for bubble tips is to wedge them somewhere tightly and leave them alone. Don't touch them too much. Green bubbles seem less hardy than rose bubbles as well. I've only been able to keep carpet and RBTA.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a green nem that did that.. It loved being in a semi dark space with very little flow.
Best option is to turn off the powerbeads and let it find a home.

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anytime i had a nem doing that it was on its way out unfortunately. i agree with @KorD turn off the powerheads and let it find its home.
best of luck try not to stress it out anymore than it is

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop dosing Vodka............ I'm serious :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Rcraft

Rcraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as light..lol it is an LED orbit marine light and that all I know.. can you tell I am a beginner

OP
OP
Rcraft

Rcraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[so I moved it to that dark spot in the back round and an hour later it moved and turned upside down again.

20160106_180928.jpg

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That light is ok for the nem to live off of. How long has your tank been up and running for?
Exactly what are all the readings from your tank? How much flow do you have going through your tank?

OP
OP
Rcraft

Rcraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank has been going for about 6 months now as far as the flow I not sure how to tell?

20160105_183100.jpg

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your levels look good from that picture. How is your dkh, have you done a copper test?
6 months should be ok for the nem.. things should have settled down in the tank enough.

For testing flow.. either you can drop flake food in the water and watch how fast and where it goes, or you could put a little light string/ribbon on a stick and watch how it flops and flows around.

Fredlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the orbit marine 18 inch or 24 not sure which one it was I had luck keep Klondi anenomes alive but rose bubble tip I am not sure it will cut it if you want to keep an anenome that's easy I would recommend the Klondi mine even survived the terrible Biocube lights it won't stop growing I will get rid of it soon too big
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452182269.880181.jpg

Fredlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it on a Biocube 29 I don't know the dimensions on it

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your levels look good from that picture. How is your dkh, have you done a copper test?
6 months should be ok for the nem.. things should have settled down in the tank enough.

For testing flow.. either you can drop flake food in the water and watch how fast and where it goes, or you could put a little light string/ribbon on a stick and watch how it flops and flows around.
Don't need a copper test if you've never used any med with copper in it...Ken

OP
OP
Rcraft

Rcraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the poor thing died. I found it this morning...:(

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%

Back