Anemone options

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all I am 7 months in to my tank and I really want to add a anemone and at my LFS I had the water tested and it passed all test. From phosphate,
With a ph reading of 8.1
Salinity of 1.024
nitrate around .05 ppm

Would y’all recommend I add the anemone and do a water change a couple days later or do the water change today and add the anemone after it?
Thank you

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would first invest in the test kits if you havent already, i dont trust most lfs as I find they test using api kits which are trash. For anemones you just need to have tests on hand for salinity (refractometer), alkalinity, phosphate, and nitrate.
You might want to wait another few months as it is more recommended to wait at least 9+ months before getting an anemone. It can work sometimes when its earlier and especially if you got your live rock from an older and more established tank. I think it comes down to biological stability which just isnt present in younger tanks, all parameters can be perfect, but the anemones just waste away sometimes

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back