OP
OP
M

Mellie 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I finally made it back... I had to watch a terrible football game! ;Hilarious;Hurting

Welcome to R2R. You can get most any questions answered here.

As for how many nems you can keep, there are 2 ways to look at that question.

1) Almost as many as you want if you are doing them all of the same species. Personally I have 30+ Rock Flower Anemones, a few maxi-mini nems and a couple of curly-cue nems (they look like big aiptasia with tiny whitish 'knot' or joints in their tentacles.

2) If you are looking to keep a wide variety of nems, the answer is more about space. Most nems do not tolerate nems of other species to get too close. And probably most species will move when they get aggravated by anything.

Here is a pic of my RFAs with a maxi-mini living nearby. I keep these guys in pvc end caps pushed down into the sand once the nem gets settled in. Notice the RFAs are all perfectly OK touching each other. Even the baby RFAs are tucked in close to mom for protection. But there is a clear space, small space, but clear space between the maxi-mini and the RFAs. And it's the RFAs that are making room for the maxi-mini. See the RFA on the left has curled up the 3 oclock to 6 oclock edge to stay clear of the Maxi-mini.

20190118_114455 R1.jpg
Hi Ron I'm mel thanks for reply your nems look amazing I currently have a blue tip and a pink bubble tip in a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft tank and a few fish what would best to put in as I would like some corals to .

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas usually do better around nems than most other corals. If you keep the corals away from the nems, any coral will do OK. Being pretty new, I'd stick to zoas, other softies and maybe an lps or two (hammer, duncan, frogspawn).

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome. You can have as many anemones as can physically fit into your tank (at full size) without different species stinging each other, but you need to make sure your tank is mature enough. Anemones require very stable, well-established tanks to survive and thrive. Bear in mind that they'll grow quite large, can produce a lot of waste when big, and will eventually split and multiply.

OP
OP
M

Mellie 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. You can have as many anemones as can physically fit into your tank (at full size) without different species stinging each other, but you need to make sure your tank is mature enough. Anemones require very stable, well-established tanks to survive and thrive. Bear in mind that they'll grow quite large, can produce a lot of waste when big, and will eventually split and multiply.
Thanks for your reply im going to see how things go with the 2 I have before purchasing anymore happy new year to u and your family.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 24 nems in my 90g. I've lost several RFAs recently to a Copper Banded Butterfly! There are 21 RFAs in end caps at the left, a tube anemone (very pink and in the middle) and 2 maxi-mini nems to the right of center.

FTS Dec 31 2020 765 Lee Yellow filter.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mellie 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 24 nems in my 90g. I've lost several RFAs recently to a Copper Banded Butterfly! There are 21 RFAs in end caps at the left, a tube anemone (very pink and in the middle) and 2 maxi-mini nems to the right of center.

FTS Dec 31 2020 765 Lee Yellow filter.jpg
They look amazing i hope my tank looks like one day I have 1 blue tip and 1 pink bubble tip at the moment .

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your time. I've been in the hobby 20 years and this tank is a year old, but a lot of the corals in the tank I've had in previous tanks. Some are as much as 5 years old.

OP
OP
M

Mellie 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your time. I've been in the hobby 20 years and this tank is a year old, but a lot of the corals in the tank I've had in previous tanks. Some are as much as 5 years old.
I'm not going to not fair to rush and them die because I was impatient thanks so much for your advice .

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm mel I have a 300ltr marine setup just put 2 anemones in a blue tip and a pink bubble tip how many different anemones could I have in my tank please .
Hello and welcome to the channel.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A belated welcome and hopes that you are enjoying the resources on R2R

maxexp756

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm mel I have a 300ltr marine setup just put 2 anemones in a blue tip and a pink bubble tip how many different anemones could I have in my tank please .
Hello Mel. I’ve had a few bubble tips and if your able to keep 1 alive that’s a feat in itself. Took me a couple years of reefing to be able to. To answer your question the amount of bubble tips isn’t the question. As they don’t affect bio load to a huge extent. Your main concern with multiple anemones is your other coral / fish. As anemones can have an aggressive sting and harm both. So the more anemones you have. The more of a chance that something that could be hurt / damaged by them. They require sufficient lighting but still not hugely affected by the number you have. As long as your lights cover the whole tank so they can’t be forced into dark spots by crowding. I had a rbta climbing for light and it crawled up a 3 year old candy cane colony. Stung the back pretty bad. It’s just a hazard of them and the hobby. It’s an ecosystem

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back