Angle adapters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

at minute 0:59 of the Neptune Sky video () we can see a bunch of AI lights attached to light tracks with angle adapters, would you mind sharing where can we find those angle adapters?

eloser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like mini ballhead mounts usually used for cameras but modified to mount the lights. There are tons out there ranging from $15-$90…just do a search. Standard thread size for the camera mounts is 1/4” threading…someone correct me if I’m wrong. My Kessil 350w uses a metric M6 thread. Just figure out what you need and purchase thread adaptors to make it work.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eloser is correct, those are normally used to mount camera gear. We got them from B&H photo, but I'm sure they're available from numerous retailers that deal in that space. There is definitely a bit of DIY involved if you go this route as each light will get mounted slightly differently. For example, we had to utilize the bracket from the Prime hanging kit for the Primes in that shot.

OP
OP
CEReefer

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eloser is correct, those are normally used to mount camera gear. We got them from B&H photo, but I'm sure they're available from numerous retailers that deal in that space. There is definitely a bit of DIY involved if you go this route as each light will get mounted slightly differently. For example, we had to utilize the bracket from the Prime hanging kit for the Primes in that shot.
Thank you so much for the reply! Would you mind sharing which ones did you guys actually get? There are so many, and I am sure you guys did a fair bit of research before getting them. I am trying not to reinvent the wheel..

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the reply! Would you mind sharing which ones did you guys actually get? There are so many, and I am sure you guys did a fair bit of research before getting them. I am trying not to reinvent the wheel..
Oh gosh, those were ordered years ago. I'm not sure off the top of my head, but let me see if the video team can look up our past order history or something to get us pointed in the right direction :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back