View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Are you on a well?
Anion burns up fast with co2.

I use lye to recharge it.
After googling my towns water this “water facts” came up. Sounds like the answer is yes?

It’s a moderately high tourist area and tourists ask aaalll the time if our water is safe to drink lol the answer is “I think so? Yeah” lol

Odor – Odor in the Town’s well water is eliminated by contracting the water at the wells with chlorine and allowing a long reaction time as it travels to the Island. Odor similar to “rotten eggs” from sulfides may at times be noticed in hot water systems especially if not frequently used.

Hardness – With a hardness concentration of approximately 150 ppm, the Town’s potable water has been termed “moderately hard” by the State Health Department. The effect of hardness in water is to require slightly more soap to form a lather and detergent to wash dishes and clothes. Harder water also may cause deposits in hot water heaters, coffee makers and refrigerator ice makers.

OP
OP
Judson_f

Judson_f

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO
Aquatec 8800 came in - BAD. butt. Super cool. Replaced every stage filter in the unit - including the RO membranes. Opened the rinse valve for 15 min. Shut it. Ran the system for 1 hour. Went to check the TRS? THE METER IS DEAD aaaaggghhhhh lol. Luckily when I stocked up on distilled water I got plenty so I’ve got a few days still before I need more RO water. So I’m going to take apart the little unit tomorrow morning and see what battery it takes. Hopefully that fixes it. Otherwise I may very well just send it & trust the full overhaul on the system and use the water because a replacement meter won’t be able to get here til after Christmas. lol

OP
OP
Judson_f

Judson_f

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if anyone finds this later having RODI issues -
Changing every filter/filter stage worked as expected. TDS before the first DI resin WAS ~60 when having issues. Is now down to about 7-12. The sediment filter had been replaced - either the carbon blocks weren’t changed when needed to or the RO membrane(s) failed. I believe the membranes failed.
The addition of the pump brought the psi from 42 to 80 easily (it jumped way up and I had to turn the pump down)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back