AnmrIum's Zeovit build | New house new build | 300+g connected tank

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers and Reef2Reef community,

It's great to be back in this vibrant community after a long hiatus. I've missed the engaging discussions and shared passion for all things reef-related.

Today, I'm thrilled to kick off a thread documenting my latest aquarium build. It's an exciting new chapter for me, and I'm looking forward to sharing each step with you and, of course, seeking your valuable advice as I progress.

A bit about me: I've been a dedicated reefer for approximately 6-7 years. This hobby has been a journey of learning, experimenting, and growing. With each challenge and success, my passion for reefing has only intensified.

Now, I'm channeling all that accumulated knowledge and experience into a new build that I believe will be the culmination of my years as a reefer.

Here's the plan:
  • My main display tank will be a generous 170 gallons.
  • I’ll be integrating a Redsea Reefer 250, with a 66-gallon capacity, to serve as a coral and fish holding tank.
  • Both the holding tank and the sump, which will be around 100 gallons, will be located in a separate room. This not only makes maintenance easier but also ensures that the aquariums contribute to the aesthetic appeal of my home, right at the entrance.

What I'm envisioning for the tank:
  • A predominant focus on SPS corals, complemented by a selection of stunning fish. I'm going for a look that's simple yet elegant.
  • Lighting that leans more towards white to harmonize with the house's open-plan area.
  • I'll be utilizing the Zeovit system as part of my reefing approach. As a zeovit enthusiast, I'm excited to see how it enhances this build.

Progress updates:
  • So far, I've had the cabinet painted and crafted a new cabinet to match the look and feel of the space it will occupy.

I can't wait to share more updates and photos as things move forward. Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome – after all, this journey is not just mine but ours as a community of reefing enthusiasts.

IMG_1172.JPEG

Stay tuned for more, and let's make this build as amazing as the underwater world we all admire!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I’m interested in seeing your previous tank as well.

OP
OP
nmo0ory

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update #1: The Journey of My Aquarium Build Continues!

Hello again, reefers!

I'm back with another update and excited to share the ongoing progress of my aquarium build.

Let's rewind and start from the beginning.

The story of this tank begins at my old house, where I initially planned to create a full fish room. Life, as it often does, got busy with work, and I had to put that project on hold. Then came a move to a new home, and with it, an opportunity to revisit my plans—this time with a focus on a single tank setup.

My vision was to integrate the tank into a wall, creating not just an eye-catching display but also a functional space behind it for a fish room, similar to what I had before—a place for fish holding tanks.

IMG_4359.jpeg

after removing everything i run the big tank for some time with fish only non-reef
IMG_7624.JPEG

after some time i close the tank and clean it.
IMG_2347.JPEG

at this stage it has been here for almost a year.

then the time came to move it
IMG_1232.PNG

the place for the new tank
IMG_0060.JPEG

and here is the stand
IMG_7602.JPEG

As the project unfolds, I've reached a point filled with contemplation and decision-making. The space seemed too open, and I knew one thing for certain—I didn't want the sump directly beneath the tank.

After much deliberation, I've crafted a plan. The sump will now reside in the room behind the tank, paving the way for a tidy mixing station and ancillary equipment to operate out of sight.

Additionally, upon assessing the condition of the tank's stand, I realized it was not up to par. It was clear that a change was needed—not just for function, but also for aesthetic appeal.

So, I set out to revamp the stand and concurrently create a new, multi-purpose table that would serve both as storage and a visual element to complement the setup.

The transformation is complete, and the difference is like night and day. I'm thrilled to share the results with you!

IMG_0077.JPEG

IMG_0083.JPEG

this is for now, will share more update once i have.

OP
OP
nmo0ory

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I’m interested in seeing your previous tank as well.
My last tank was on zeovit so I’m interested to see your progress.

these are some photo of my old aquarium
unforintly most of the thing died as i was very busy on other city

IMG_1961.JPEG

IMG_1971.JPEG

IMG_1973.JPEG

different light

IMG_9482.JPEG
IMG_9485.JPEG

the time of shoot was around last year.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back