OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Charlie! What brand Calcium Alkalinity and mag are you using? Also how long is your light on? Love the tank man!
I'm using the Red Sea A,B&C for Ca, Alk and Mg. the light is in full intensity for 7 hours and fades in and out for a few hours either side :)

Are your T5s dimmable? If so what do you have them set at? Are you ever concerned out having too much PAR with the addition of the Kessils? What made you use the Kessils versus something like a ReefBrite Tech strip?
Non dimmable T5s, there is a lot of par which burns most SPS although the stags love it. The less light-loving species just have to be shaded by the larger stags above. I mainly went for the Kessils as they're rather small and look kind of cool being a small cylinder shape.

WOW! Your tank is awe-spiring. Following

What is this?

Looks like gorgonia to me.

Thanks guys, it's a photosynthetic Gorgonian, an Isis hippuris

Freaking outstanding!

what do u dose ?
Just Ca, Alk, Mg and K :)

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't done an update for a while as I've been busy with Uni and work. A few changes have occured plus the usual growth, most of the stags are at the surface now.
Finally got around to getting panels for the stand cut to size, only took me over a year to get around to it. Installed a Vectra m1 as a second return pump, I'm still running the Royal Exclusiv speedy, the second pump is just for back up and will be run with the battery backup once available (hurry up Ecotech!).
I will try upload some pics soon but before then here's a video:

:)

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haven't done an update for a while as I've been busy with Uni and work. A few changes have occured plus the usual growth, most of the stags are at the surface now.
Finally got around to getting panels for the stand cut to size, only took me over a year to get around to it. Installed a Vectra m1 as a second return pump, I'm still running the Royal Exclusiv speedy, the second pump is just for back up and will be run with the battery backup once available (hurry up Ecotech!).
I will try upload some pics soon but before then here's a video:

:)

Dude amazing!! I love the clown shot at around 3:30!

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude amazing!! I love the clown shot at around 3:30!
Thanks Revhtree :)

Grabbed some pics during a water change last night. I've been recently doing 30% twice a week, I'm definitely a fan of large water changes as long as the new water has identical Alk/Ca etc.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AHHH so jealous!!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your growth is crazy fast

UFreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my new favorite tanks........unreal. Any reason why you stopped dosing the KZ products?

redtigrinus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you attribute to you fast growth?
What benefits do you believe the KZ products offered?
Do you have a coral stock list anywhere? You have some amazing corals, some are really thick. Amazing!

OP
OP
Char lie

Char lie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such deep colours beautiful.

Great video what kind of camera did you use
Just my phone, a Samsung s7 edge :)

One of my new favorite tanks........unreal. Any reason why you stopped dosing the KZ products?
Thanks. The main reason I stopped is because I ran out. Instead I'm just doing larger water changes, twice a week :)

Awesome tank. Your growth rate is fast!

Amazing REEF tank, I love it
Thanks mate :)

What do you attribute to you fast growth?
What benefits do you believe the KZ products offered?
Do you have a coral stock list anywhere? You have some amazing corals, some are really thick. Amazing!
The main thing I would say that helps the growth would be the lighting, personally I am definitely a fan of t5 lighting :) I have stopped the KZ products and I'm just doing larger water changes instead. I don't have a list in the way of fancy made up names but I can let you know the species of a certain one if you need haha. Also talking about species and the thickness of some of the growth; the two large stags at the left of the tank are actually A.aspera, not A.yongei (which I think is known as Bali slimer). A.aspera is significantly thicker than A.yongei and the large colonies in my tank would be about an inch thick at the base of each colony, maybe a bit more :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back