Another cycling question!!

skyecw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve set up my first salt tank - it’s a fluval evo 13.5 (I know nano isn’t best idea for first tank but it’s all I have room for atm!) Using Caribsea rock and sand. Started cycling about 8/9 days ago with Fritzyme 9 and dosing fritz fishless fuel to 2ppm. These are my current readings. From what I’ve read I’m under the impression that I want to wait for ammonia and nitrite to zero with nitrates present before adding fish? Basically my questions are a) does everything seem to be going as planned… and b) will I need to redose ammonia at any point or is it literally just a case of waiting for both to zero? Thank you so much and sorry for another basic question!!

IMG_9653.png IMG_9654.png

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
gotta wait it out. fritz additives should provide instructions on what to do/wait for.

also; welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!

OP
OP
skyecw

skyecw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotta wait it out. fritz additives should provide instructions on what to do/wait for.

also; welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!
Thank you, hello from Scotland!! There’s not much instruction on the bottles so I might get in contact…

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome! And all seems to be going to plan. You have nitrites which is great, moving in the right direction. Testing for nitrates is not advisable until nitrite levels are on the lower side since nitrite tends to cause background issues with the nitrate tests.

In most cases, you’ll want to wait for ammonia to go to zero, nitrites as well and then have nitrates show up and then dose a little bit of ammonia (2 ppm) and if it goes to 0 in 24 hrs then you’re completely ready for fish. This is the safest way to know for sure.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back