OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something about mounting bridge...

It is made using industrial AL profiles black anodized and with dedicated connection systems, making a very rigid and durable system.

ScreenShot.jpg

On the inside there are channels to place wires inside and then to cover them with plastic profiles - so no wires visible.
ScreenShot1.jpg

For the moment I installed it on my existing tank (Juwel Rio 180). What is not visible is that on back side (where profiles touches the glass edge) there are silicone profiles.
The 2 clamps block the bridge to fall accidentally into tank, but also if I turned them upside down the holes are perfect for hanging system.
Making them L shape allow to mount the bridge on top cover.
Anytime I can add some feets from same profiles to rise the lights higher if necessary.

soubhik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
without lens/optics how would channel 4 led lights (475nm and 505nm ) distributed evenly through out the light fixture (90mm*90mm ) ? I am asking this since you are using this led in one channel only

OP
OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
without lens/optics how would channel 4 led lights (475nm and 505nm ) distributed evenly through out the light fixture (90mm*90mm ) ? I am asking this since you are using this led in one channel only

All leds are very close to each other and have a very wide distribution. At few cm away from the board already disco effect is not visible anymore and all colors blends in one.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's great!

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow I'm falling in love wit the fixture!!! I def want to used that same model. can you tell me what part did you use for the encase or fixture so i can make one for myself later on. thanks

OP
OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow I'm falling in love wit the fixture!!! I def want to used that same model. can you tell me what part did you use for the encase or fixture so i can make one for myself later on. thanks
Parts used are not standard ones but i get them via some ''connections''. Even then i had to use some non standard components to fit things in. As some friends of mine and other reefers in belgium are interested about those lights i am working hard to obtain a large quanty of those to make everybody happy.

dorky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parts used are not standard ones but i get them via some ''connections''. Even then i had to use some non standard components to fit things in. As some friends of mine and other reefers in belgium are interested about those lights i am working hard to obtain a large quanty of those to make everybody happy.

Can you list these parts that you used to build the encase? I want to get my hands on those parts so I can build my LEDs soon

OP
OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the covers for short (200mm) version arrived. By accident I received a black (as ordered) and a white top part. Will allow me to see both versions :)

20150417_122908.jpg
IMG_1719.jpg

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting better every time I stop in here to check it out, and has gotten me to start sourcing some updated emitters for my array. Definitely the most impressive DIY LED biuld I've seen in a very long time.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Side cover and splash screen mounted, here is how things looks like:
- on first image it is visible the thermostat for fan and the fan connector
- second image - black cable is the 48V power in and the 2 jacks are for the 4 channels coming from Storm controller (or any other PWM controller in the future)
- third image is the bottom part with splash screen mounted, but not quite visible. I dont like the screws (ugly) and also the wires have to be thinner. For tests I will keep them as they are.

20150417_133041.jpg
20150417_133050.jpg
20150417_135740.jpg

OP
OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final version of the light (short model) is here... With the white top cover and also with the black one

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg

OP
OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks tabasco122

some people still criticize the exposed ugly Noctua fan. Honestly, I like it - is rather different and unique.
I can do easily a mask over it - to blend it into same look as the full light, but for the moment I have to test the light to its limits - to see if survive:target::boxing::smow:

Soon enough the 400 mm version will be finished too - and that look even better, as the fan is fully integrated into light and have 200W

Last edited:
OP
OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And light is mounted on the tank and set to 50% on all 4 channels. Here is how things looks like.
I have a very ugly tank for the moment (please dont lough about it) - hope soon to change things.
Only one light mounted and still cover more than 50% of the tank from almost water level high (tank is Juwel 180 - 1 meter long)

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dacianb

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of the corals - as visible, even without red, orange, hyper-red LEDs, but just based on high CRI whites, colors are very nice.

09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

soubhik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful outcome dacianb , congrats . dacianb don't you think a little pop is missing ? i think a lil more light in the 410-420nm range will bring out the fluorescence and pop more

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back