Anthias with Ich?

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 3 anthias which were fine yesterday and today i am seeing them covered in white spots. I got them yesterday and were quarantined at LFS.. whst are my options??

I have a uv running 24/7 so hoping it helps till I figure it out

I do not have a qt tank at home..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I got 3 anthias which were fine yesterday and today i am seeing them covered in white spots. I got them yesterday and were quarantined at LFS.. whst are my options??

I have a uv running 24/7 so hoping it helps till I figure it out

I do not have a qt tank at home..
Will need Clear pics under white light intensity or preferable video (you tube best) under white light intensity to make an accurate assessment and recommendation. Rarely I see anthias get ich and can be some other condition.
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still hard to see in the video. Can you also include some white light photos?

You say quarantined at LFS but do you know the method? Many run small amounts of copper or hyposalinity but not at the levels where is actually kills the disease, just confuses the customers.

OP
OP
B

Bent17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still not sure on what they did but will find out tomorrow.. did you see the dots on the fins? They werent there yest thats whats worrying.. let me try get more pics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts?

I got a glimpse of moderate ich on the anthias in the video.

I would contact the store, as if they are showing ich at this level after one day, there is no doubt that they had it when you purchased them.

UV won't control moderate to severe infections. Without a quarantine tank, you are pretty limited. In display medications for ich mostly don't work, although some will work on minor infections. You can take a look at this post:

Jay

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back