Any names for these?

Steve Ruddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it safe for me to name these or do they already have a name?

greenbluezoan1.jpg

bluezoan1.jpg

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if they have a name i have seen the 2nd ones though, those are some very nice pics!

OP
OP
Steve Ruddy

Steve Ruddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eye of rah again

OK however in this thread you referred to the photo below as
easy one this... eye of rah

yelctrzoo.jpg

The photo below is showing the ones in this thread again which you are also calling the same. To me these don't look anything alike. Does the commonly excepted common name cover that broad of a pattern difference?

greenbluezoan1.jpg

The closest I have found to the top photo is Green Eggs, Green Eggs and Ham and Witches Titties with witches titties being the only one with pointed mouths.

berns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lighting used plays a big part of how your pictures will look, if zoa pictures are shown under a white light rather then heavy actinic then many zoas become much more obvious.....

comparison - the second more blue intense picture in reply #8 by steve ruddy........ do ppl think the mouth spots showing on the middle polyp and polyp to the right are actually blue whilst the other polyp mouth spots are green lol i think not as its the intense blue lighting that is giving them and the rest of the zoas a bluer sheen/look....

overall if shown under a white light id say your zoas are slightly faded (like mine were).... the mouth spots are infact yellowish (a blue light over yellow = green) and also the lashes look more lighter yellow at the moment.... in time as they colour up more the yellow will become greener

mouth spots on eye of rah actually range from orange through to yellow through to green and diff colour mouths can be seen on a single colony.....

coralpedia/zoa id actually shows this morph many times with diff names lol

Last edited:

berns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a couple not so good pictures of my eye of rah but shown under white lighting...... 1st received faded = yellowish, and after some time under healthy lighting for them 2nd picture colouring up nicely green lashes and eventually a single shade of blue will develop around the mouth spot.

if i had done a picture under intense blue lighting over my 1st picture it would look exactly like the lower picture in reply #8 by steve ruddy

Attachments

• eye of rah before.jpg
    eye of rah before.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 91
  • eye of rah getting there.jpg
    eye of rah getting there.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 50 43.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 54 46.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back