Any reefers in Vermont?

Medical_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Vermonters nearby to Jericho interested in splitting a captive bred tuxedo urchin order from Chad Vossen at Vossen Aquatics? It works out to about $20-30 per urchin, including shipping, depending on how many we get. Need at least 5 to make it worth while, I'm really only looking to buy 2.

@taulgrl, @hobie61, @dcal1985, @thepotoo ? I think you four are the closest.
I got mine from algae barn, pretty reasonable price. Shipping is free to after not much more i believe.

Nach0311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy all. Upping that Franklin County Contingency.:) Starting to gather info on putting together a new tank. Had a fish only with Live Rock I did real well with for a few years a couple years ago, and looking to build a new smaller tank for a fish or 2 and dip my feet into growing corals. Enjoy reading your posts, and look forward to chatting in the future.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy all. Upping that Franklin County Contingency.:) Starting to gather info on putting together a new tank. Had a fish only with Live Rock I did real well with for a few years a couple years ago, and looking to build a new smaller tank for a fish or 2 and dip my feet into growing corals. Enjoy reading your posts, and look forward to chatting in the future.

Another NW Vermont reefer! Very cool. Start a build thread and post a link to it here when you're ready so that we can all join in!

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm in the Milton area currently, but been in Burlington, Saint Albans, etc.. Haven't been on the forums in a bit but glad to see so many other people in the area talking!

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm in the Milton area currently, but been in Burlington, Saint Albans, etc.. Haven't been on the forums in a bit but glad to see so many other people in the area talking!

Hi Christian! I'm already following your thread, glad to see you're back around again! Gotta start a journal for my new-to-me tank.

Blue Cheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved here! Beautiful state, but I can't seem to find any fish stores aside from Green Mountain Corals. Does anybody know of other LFSs that carry a decent selection of equipment and livestock? Thanks!
Unsure where you are but I’m southern vt and there’s nothing here,I’ve gotten corals from Westfield coral farm which wasn’t too far of a drive from me

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved here! Beautiful state, but I can't seem to find any fish stores aside from Green Mountain Corals. Does anybody know of other LFSs that carry a decent selection of equipment and livestock? Thanks!
Glad to hear it, I always drool over your nem pics..
As for LFS we are not very fortunate.. Green Mountain Corals is the closest 'coral dedicated' shop, but they are owned by a super shady dude who never seems to be there so it is always closed seemingly.

Your best bet is a drive over to NH or NY most likely (sorry to be the bearer of bad news :grinning-face-with-sweat: )

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it, I always drool over your nem pics..
As for LFS we are not very fortunate.. Green Mountain Corals is the closest 'coral dedicated' shop, but they are owned by a super shady dude who never seems to be there so it is always closed seemingly.

Your best bet is a drive over to NH or NY most likely (sorry to be the bearer of bad news :grinning-face-with-sweat: )

Thank you! I'm glad to be here.

vTango888

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to VT! There is Pet Advantage in South Burlington, but not really any coral there. They do have fish, inverts, and equipment/supplies. For coral you’re best off looking online or asking fellow local reefers.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back