any1 use brghtwell cal/mag/alk dry? how do you dose it?

bigkai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just wanting to know how yall use the brightwell dry mix cal/mag/alk? do yall mix just the basic or do you make the stock solution? and how much do you add it to your tank dayly or weekly?

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use brightwells A & B and dose it daily. The results have been very good and stable.
I have Kents Tech M for magnesium and tend to dose it every other week or whenever i test it. I have heard Tech M in high doses can help fight algae.

MikeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Brightwell dry powerder Mag and it works like a champ. I make stock solution - 4 tsp for one gallon of RO/DI water.

ReeferDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use basic and have a dosing schedule which includes calcion-p, alkalin8.3, elemental, and magnesion-p...as far as trying to set up a schedule just make a schedule and start dosing and then check levels periodically at first until you know the right amout to dose and how often...

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use the brightwell dry magnesium but when I ordered last Sept. I accidentally got the neo mag magnesium media thought I messed up bad because it is for a calcium reactor but then I saw on the overview that it could be mixed in my 6" DSB I took about 1/2 of the media sprinkled it on the top of my sand bed & then took my finger & shoved it about 1/2 way down. I have not had to add any mag. since then it is running at 1590 I test once a month & it is exactally the same. used to have to dose every 2 weeks so one less thing to have to buy (it's a 90G tank)

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 57 46.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back