Anybody know where to get a discount on 100++ frag plugs

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a place that offers a discount on large numbers of frag plugs/disk If I have to order a thousand I may be willing to do so depending on the price brake. Possible pass the good deal on to some people here if I can get a good discount and have to order a ridiculous number.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually just order directly from Boston Aqua Farms

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get 114 of them for 12.00 at Home Depot. I have been using 1 inch floor tile and they are awesome frag plugs. They come glued together on a mat and all you have to do is put them in warm water, let them soak and the mat comes off the back very easly. They are heat/pressure treated therefore they dont need to be cured. They are made from calcium deposits therefore once SPS has encrusted past the super glue the frag plug is like a calcuim reactor under it. Not only are they the cheapest but in my opintion they are the best.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer - I bought what I think you are referring to but my home depot only has them with other tile mixed in. I got about 120 for 16$. I would really like to switch to ceramic plugs/disks they take less room and that means more room for frags

143gadgets - Boston Aqua Farms will not work I need ceramic plugs/disks and the ones they have are made from Type II Portland Cement. I will be adding way to many at one time to risk using cement.

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PLS keep us updated what ya find.

reefer- could you give us a link on the HD web as to what you use?

Another reason some need plugs is cause the flow in an SPS tank tends to knock over frags that are not stuck into the eggcreate? Just IME? Then they nuke each other, bad SPS bad!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back