Anyone else’s eels miss food in their excitement lol

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Ivar my jeweled eel. This dude loves food so much he got so excited and missed taking the food! Anyone else’s eels do weird stuff? Ft Ghost my snowflake eel, she was just like what the heck lol

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and excuse the algae down there, last time I went to scrape Ivar thought my finger was a silverside! A little nervous to try again lol

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king this dude seems to be growing since I got him and he is ALWAYS hungry. Any tips on how to get him to the fast/gourge schedule? I feed him big chunks every other day but he is always coming out during feeding and stealing food from the other fish. Does this mean he needs more food when he gets his chunks?? I dont want to over feed him but he always acts like he never gets food! Just wanted to see if this was normal for a growing eel. The snowflake is really good with the fast/gorge she eats once every three days and is good about letting me know when she is hungry. But the Jeweled is always trying to get food, dont wanna over feed him but also want him fat and happy so he wont eat my other fish being a fang tooth and all!

Edit: I feed rods carnivore, LRS chunky and silversides to the eels so they get different foods

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lion king this dude seems to be growing since I got him and he is ALWAYS hungry. Any tips on how to get him to the fast/gourge schedule? I feed him big chunks every other day but he is always coming out during feeding and stealing food from the other fish. Does this mean he needs more food when he gets his chunks?? I dont want to over feed him but he always acts like he never gets food! Just wanted to see if this was normal for a growing eel. The snowflake is really good with the fast/gorge she eats once every three days and is good about letting me know when she is hungry. But the Jeweled is always trying to get food, dont wanna over feed him but also want him fat and happy so he wont eat my other fish being a fang tooth and all!

Edit: I feed rods carnivore, LRS chunky and silversides to the eels so they get different foods

Feed them their full on feeding day, take it slow but keep offering until they refuse. Then just let him cruise and steal small bits of food until the next feeding day. They will get on your cycle, don't let them train you, he'll start to eat more food on his feeding day to last him. That's the natural cycle they do in the wild. That is the risk of having a fangtooth, without the fasting period you will substantially shorten their lifespan. And yes it seems like you can see him growing, eels do grow fast the 1st year, many times reaching full grown in under a year and a half.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed them their full on feeding day, take it slow but keep offering until they refuse. Then just let him cruise and steal small bits of food until the next feeding day. They will get on your cycle, don't let them train you, he'll start to eat more food on his feeding day to last him. That's the natural cycle they do in the wild. That is the risk of having a fangtooth, without the fasting period you will substantially shorten their lifespan. And yes it seems like you can see him growing, eels do grow fast the 1st year, many times reaching full grown in under a year and a half.
Ah okay, he always comes out and searches for food so I got nervous I wasnt feeding him enough. I will do that next feeding day for him. How often would you feed him, every other day or go to every two days?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back