Anyone know anything about paintball guns?

mattGgator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never handled a Reflex 14, but back in the day I've shot a few PMRs and they were Dye's lower tier line. They were honestly not bad. The Axe is a bit too loud for my taste and has a bit too much kick as well which makes it harder to hold lanes down well at longer distances. I bought an used G6R signature series off of pbnation for $500 and its an absolute beast. I've always been happy with Timmys and Shockers. The latter you may be able to find used as well around the $500 mark as well. Let me know if you have any more questions.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never handled a Reflex 14, but back in the day I've shot a few PMRs and they were Dye's lower tier line. They were honestly not bad. The Axe is a bit too loud for my taste and has a bit too much kick as well which makes it harder to hold lanes down well at longer distances. I bought an used G6R signature series off of pbnation for $500 and its an absolute beast. I've always been happy with Timmys and Shockers. The latter you may be able to find used as well around the $500 mark as well. Let me know if you have any more questions.

So as far as axe goes. Don't bother. Just find a more expensive gun but buy it used for the same price you'd buy an axe new?

mattGgator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as far as axe goes. Don't bother. Just find a more expensive gun but buy it used for the same price you'd buy an axe new?

Exactly. Think of it in terms of an aquarium. You can get a 55 gallon to start off with, but its not going to take long for you to wish that you had spent a little more, gone a little bigger, and actually saved money had you just bought the 90 gallon on the first go.

Just make sure you purchase from a reputable seller on pbnation or even trademygun works pretty nicely.

my setup:

20160429_104930.jpg

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. Think of it in terms of an aquarium. You can get a 55 gallon to start off with, but its not going to take long for you to wish that you had spent a little more, gone a little bigger, and actually saved money had you just bought the 90 gallon on the first go.

Just make sure you purchase from a reputable seller on pbnation or even trademygun works pretty nicely.

my setup:

20160429_104930.jpg

That looks sick.

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you're interested in a 2010 PMR (Dye Proto Matrix Rail - before it became the Reflex. It's the one that costs $450). I have one that I bought and then never used. Also have a Dye Rotor v3. Would let them go for a lot less than I bought them for.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back