Anyone own one of these Tenecor Aquariums?

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guy,

I’m looking into purchasing one of these aquariums. I can’t seem to find any build threads or pictures of these tanks other than the stock images so hopefully someone on here has some to share! I’m also curious into how the plumbing works. From the picture it looks like the cabinet top doesn’t have a cutout for plumbing and the back looks enclosed, so how do you run a sump? If it has an internal overflow, shouldn’t there be a cutout on the top cabinet? In some of the stock pictures it shows the back cabinet panels off but this would only apply if it was an external overflow?

If anyone has any input or @Tenecor Aquariums it would be much appreciated! Im in love with the Alby Colbalt color and can’t wait to start a build thread since im not seeing to many. Their stands are beautiful! I had a Red Sea 525XL tank that the front seam separated on so honestly not to keen on going with glass for my next build. Some members in the reef club I’m in told me that they had aquariums from Tenecor that have been going for 20+ years! So acrylic it is.

IMG_6643.png IMG_6644.png IMG_6645.jpeg

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guy,

I’m looking into purchasing one of these aquariums. I can’t seem to find any build threads or pictures of these tanks other than the stock images so hopefully someone on here has some to share! I’m also curious into how the plumbing works. From the picture it looks like the cabinet top doesn’t have a cutout for plumbing and the back looks enclosed, so how do you run a sump? If it has an internal overflow, shouldn’t there be a cutout on the top cabinet? In some of the stock pictures it shows the back cabinet panels off but this would only apply if it was an external overflow?

If anyone has any input or @Tenecor Aquariums it would be much appreciated! Im in love with the Alby Colbalt color and can’t wait to start a build thread since im not seeing to many. Their stands are beautiful! I had a Red Sea 525XL tank that the front seam separated on so honestly not to keen on going with glass for my next build. Some members in the reef club I’m in told me that they had aquariums from Tenecor that have been going for 20+ years! So acrylic it is.

IMG_6643.png IMG_6644.png IMG_6645.jpeg
The stands with these tanks have cnc overflow cutouts. The tanks come predilled and preplumbed with drain bulkheads and internal returns up the overflow. Segmented loc line in the tanks

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stands with these tanks have cnc overflow cutouts. The tanks come predilled and preplumbed with drain bulkheads and internal returns up the overflow. Segmented loc line in the tanks
Awesome! Sounds good, I didn’t see it in the pictures so I just wanted to make sure. Would you happen to know the cost difference if instead of 60”x24x24, I went with 60”x24x20”? I’m short lol and maintenance on a 24” high tank sounds a little too hard for me.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Sounds good, I didn’t see it in the pictures so I just wanted to make sure. Would you happen to know the cost difference if instead of 60”x24x24, I went with 60”x24x20”? I’m short lol and maintenance on a 24” high tank sounds a little too hard for me.
The height drives the cost 24 tall is generally 3/8. 20 is 1/4.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump is not included in the cost but I can work something out for you.

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The height drives the cost 24 tall is generally 3/8. 20 is 1/4.
The sump is not included in the cost but I can work something out for you.
Wait so when you say “drives the cost” you mean the 20” will be cheaper or more expensive? I actually have a sump that I bought for one of my tanks but it’s 34” long and didn’t fit under the cabinet so I’m planning to use it for this tank

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait so when you say “drives the cost” you mean the 20” will be cheaper or more expensive? I actually have a sump that I bought for one of my tanks but it’s 34” long and didn’t fit under the cabinet so I’m planning to use it for this tank
The 20 tall is usually less expensive if everything else is the same

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for feedback I used to work in many LFS and also was a Tenecor Dealer w/ my service co. .. Unless things have changed Tenecor are really well built . I have installed many from reef ready to AIO systems some of my older clients still have some going strong (custom bow install 04’) . Good company for acrylic ..

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there stands are looking sweet! !!! if they had them a year ago i would have prob. went with a 96x30

anyway i knew that does not help you.

I dont really like the tops cut out of that tank. see if they can go Euro braced. easier to scape and work with the tank.

also 1/4" acrylic seems on the thin side. but it will be light and easy to move.
let us know how it goes. :)

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/4” is insane.

I don’t own tenecor but i would advise you do some research. Even 24” at 3/8 will bow. 1/4” acrylic for any size is crazy to me. My 25” is 3/4”

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there stands are looking sweet! !!! if they had them a year ago i would have prob. went with a 96x30

anyway i knew that does not help you.

I dont really like the tops cut out of that tank. see if they can go Euro braced. easier to scape and work with the tank.

also 1/4" acrylic seems on the thin side. but it will be light and easy to move.
let us know how it goes. :)
I could be wrong but from the stock images it does appear the top is fused together like eurobracing in glass and only the insert covers are removable

Attachments

• IMG_6643.png
    IMG_6643.png
    130 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1/4” is insane.

I don’t own tenecor but i would advise you do some research. Even 24” at 3/8 will bow. 1/4” acrylic for any size is crazy to me. My 25” is 3/4”
Hmm I’ll look into it, thank you. Just based off of what I hear from people in my club with Tenecor tanks being 20+ years old I feel like they know what they’re doing if they’re building with 1/4”

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be wrong but from the stock images it does appear the top is fused together like eurobracing in glass and only the insert covers are removable

that is correct. but I was saying the cut out are pretty small to work on the tank good IMHO.

I *think* that is how they can get away with using thinner sheets of acrylic with the smaller cut out vrs a 2-3" trim around the tank. IDK I am not an expert.

just some thoughts from some guy on R2R :)

OP
OP
~MD~Reefs~

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is correct. but I was saying the cut out are pretty small to work on the tank good IMHO.

I *think* that is how they can get away with using thinner sheets of acrylic with the smaller cut out vrs a 2-3" trim around the tank. IDK I am not an expert.

just some thoughts from some guy on R2R :)
Yeah I think I read somewhere that the top is what increases the strength of the acrylic to be able to use thinner sheets. I’m sure if they did the 2”-3” trim then the rest will have to be thicker.

You’re right about the cut out making it a little harder to work in the tank, that’s also why I don’t want to go over 20” because then it’ll be impossible lol.

I appreciate your input!

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think I read somewhere that the top is what increases the strength of the acrylic to be able to use thinner sheets. I’m sure if they did the 2”-3” trim then the rest will have to be thicker.

You’re right about the cut out making it a little harder to work in the tank, that’s also why I don’t want to go over 20” because then it’ll be impossible lol.

I appreciate your input!
Thinner, thicker. Guys, it does not move the needle that much. We build with the experience of THOUSANDS (millions if you count the small ones). of tanks. You want thicker? No problem. The additional cost is not that much. The beauty and elegance of acrylic is that "it's not there" It's just not necessary. We built the first acrylic aquariums. we set those standards.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back