Anyone purchase any Ultra Color Rock Flower Anemones from SaltwaterAquarium.com?

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I bought some of these from SaltwaterAquarium.com and normally, these folks have been fantastic.

For whatever reason, when I opened my shipment today these anemones were all the same red color and don't appear to light up under 20k lighting. I did have a chat with them, but are really disappointed as I would have hoped at least one would have been a different color, such as blue, green, orange, etc. I was informed that they would reach out to their SAQ coral farm people but nothing else at this time.

IMG-1559.jpg
IMG-1560.jpg
IMG-1561.jpg

I am curious from those that have purchased there, what your experience was like? Did you receive any of the shown mystery corals or something else?

Thank you!

OfficeReefer

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. They don't look like what is pictured at all.
The telltale sign is that the image backgrounds are all black, and the excessive coloration means that someone did a Photoshop job on them. It's quite common in the trade to do this sort of thing, for better or worse.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the exact reason I only buy rock flowers in person. I know not everyone has a place to do that, but we know corals get photo wizardry on them, personally its x10 for anemones.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sort of thing is why I avoid the "mystery box", it can easily be (ab)used as nothing more than a way for the vendor to offload stuff that hasn't been selling otherwise.

29Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious whatever happened with your RFA. Any updated pics? Thinking about getting a couple from the same source, but your post has me hesitating.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He wasn't satisfied with the one that came in a mystery box (that's not surprising to me) so definitely avoid getting one with a mystery box if you do buy from them. OP said he saw a picture of the rock NEM so he expected it to look like the picture (which it didn't apparently). Why would you buy online from a vendor with bad reviews when they're pretty common in shops or online from other vendors?
@29Reef

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 92 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back