Anyone running 2 InkBirds on one larger tank?

gunflintcamper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are moving and combining our smaller current tanks into a new Waterbox 190. We currently run an InkBird with a 600w BRS heater on our 110g and are thinking with this upgrade we would like to have a little more protection against a temp drop. Last summer we lost a bunch of torches when the element failed on one of our smaller tanks when we were out of town and that was bad enough. :(

So…could we run two Inkbirds each with their own 600w element…one set normal…77-78° with an alarm at 76°, and run the second controller at 75-78°? We would at least be notified of the main heater failure and be protected against a deadly drop if we aren’t home. Right? Anyone see a problem with this?

I feel like 2 elements on one InkBird would never warn you of a problem until both elements fail.

We’ve been running WiFi InkBirds for years and have never had a problem with them, between us and our adult kids households we have 7 without failure of any kind. So there’s going to be no convincing me to change controllers at this point. But happy to consider other configuration suggestions.

Thanks!

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should work fine that way. I run two heaters on one inkbird in my 150g. Never really thought about how I would know whether one or the other failed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back