Anyone switch from salifert to nyos?

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone switched their nitrate test kit to nyos after using salifert? I just ran out of my salifert test, which is what I have always used and after the BRS video I was wondering if it would be worth trying the nyos test kit? I also have the red sea pro but do not like it at all. I am also trying to

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nyla nitrate test kit and I really like it compared to api and salifert. Results are easy to read. I don’t love kits with powder and the little spoon (why can’t they put a flat part to scrape the full spoon against like the cans of baking powder have???). But this seems to be very precise and good for low range nitrate.

Zar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used almost every test kit available and nyos is by far the easiest to use and read, It cant get much easier and readable than Salifert. Nyos test kits contains a dropper vial that is extremely delicate, the drops come out easy, the only downside is that it also takes longer to get results in my opinion. On a weekly basis I use salifert for my magnesium, nyos for nitrate, hanna for alk and ca; alk/mg/ca is then compare to the apex trident.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back