Apex ATO

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I want to switch from my JBJ ATO, to let my Apex control it. Where can I find a decent switch that wont break the bank?

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am following along on this one... I am getting an Apex within a week and need to know the best way to set up an ATO.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, from what I am reading I also need the breakout box. I thought they would have integrated that into the new one.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To set up your ATO using your Apex you will need a breakout box and pretty much any float switches will do the job. I got mine from a place online called Aqua Hub for like $10 a piece. I'd set up multiple float switches for redundancy. I use two switches set for low level to turn the ato pump on and one set for high level to preven sump overflows in case those two stick for whatever reason. It's also a good idea to put them inside of a specimen cup with a few holes drilled in it to prevent snails that make their way into the sump from tripping the switches. HTH

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My breakout box checks 4 float switches. Low level in sump, high level in sump, low level ATO and full skimmer cup. If my water rises a few inches, my skimmer floods, so it's like a water on floor sensor and will not let the ATO flood the sump. Love being able to customize it.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back