Apex fusion disconnect help!

alindell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I have the A2 version apex el connected with fusion over a wifi connection. Recently I've noticed I was not able to connect to the app on my phone and control anything, although the reef system still ran fine. I thought I'd wait a few days and see if the system reset itself like sometimes it does with previous apex models... Well it didn't.

I tried finding help on some forums and followed some simple steps. Nothing worked. I got so fed up with it, I decided to completely factory reset it. That finally worked, but I had to reprogram everything. Talk about a pain in the butt, as I have a fairly complex system. Took hours . Maybe the recent daylight savings time had something to do with the connection or for some reason apex couldn't connect back to wifi?

One of the weird things is I tried reconnecting to Wi-Fi following the steps from Neptune that include putting the apex in the blue light mode (which it did) and connecting to "apex set up" under wifi settings (which it did), but when It got to searching for my home wifi, it couldn't find my wi-fi. It would just show the spinning wheel forever. Weird thing is when I did the factory reset it worked instantly, so obviously it had no problem actually sensing it. What's up with that??

My question is, is there a way to prevent this or a quick fix? Also can someone tell me specifically how to build a back up for all my stuff. Is it even possible. I really don't want to have to go reprogram everything in case this happens again. I would like to factory reset it if I get to that point and just upload everything back to way it was. Is that even possible? Can I copy it and save it somewhere else and re-upload it as a back up?

Also note I use an android so that might make a difference in the steps for reconnecting. Any help is appreciated.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I have the A2 version apex el connected with fusion over a wifi connection. Recently I've noticed I was not able to connect to the app on my phone and control anything, although the reef system still ran fine. I thought I'd wait a few days and see if the system reset itself like sometimes it does with previous apex models... Well it didn't.

I tried finding help on some forums and followed some simple steps. Nothing worked. I got so fed up with it, I decided to completely factory reset it. That finally worked, but I had to reprogram everything. Talk about a pain in the butt, as I have a fairly complex system. Took hours . Maybe the recent daylight savings time had something to do with the connection or for some reason apex couldn't connect back to wifi?

One of the weird things is I tried reconnecting to Wi-Fi following the steps from Neptune that include putting the apex in the blue light mode (which it did) and connecting to "apex set up" under wifi settings (which it did), but when It got to searching for my home wifi, it couldn't find my wi-fi. It would just show the spinning wheel forever. Weird thing is when I did the factory reset it worked instantly, so obviously it had no problem actually sensing it. What's up with that??

My question is, is there a way to prevent this or a quick fix? Also can someone tell me specifically how to build a back up for all my stuff. Is it even possible. I really don't want to have to go reprogram everything in case this happens again. I would like to factory reset it if I get to that point and just upload everything back to way it was. Is that even possible? Can I copy it and save it somewhere else and re-upload it as a back up?

Also note I use an android so that might make a difference in the steps for reconnecting. Any help is appreciated.
@SuncrestReef since he is the expert. Check this link from him on how to backup configuration. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/apex-users-public-service-announcement.622847/

I did this, but I also keep another more rudimentary backup in word.
Top left corner click on apex > Summary > Copy paste everything in that page. All your code will be here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back