Apex Neptune Controler Mounting Pictures Please

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my Apex, can I see How you all have your hardware mounted I maybe have an Idea but would love to see some more.

Thanks

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my Apex, can I see How you all have your hardware mounted I maybe have an Idea but would love to see some more.

Thanks

Did you buy the new Apex or the classic? Also, where are you wanting to mount it?... in a stand, somewhere else? Please post a pic of where you would like it located. I would post mine, but I'm sure people are getting sick of seeing it lol. And it's probably not a realistic mounting setup for the average reefer anyway.

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy the new Apex or the classic? Also, where are you wanting to mount it?... in a stand, somewhere else? Please post a pic of where you would like it located. I would post mine, but I'm sure people are getting sick of seeing it lol. And it's probably not a realistic mounting setup for the average reefer anyway.
The New one

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see it Please

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see it Please

Well, mine is the classic.... so not sure that you still want to see it. However, I have the power strip hidden... so I'm only displaying the various modules. The new power strip that you will be getting is great looking, but it's very difficult to display it because of all of the random plugs that will be plugging into it.

dmw913

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finishing this today. I bought a medicine cabinet at Home Depot and mounted everything inside. Fits nicely in a small area next to the tank. I have ordered a vinyl covering for the cabinet mirror to make it less obtrusive. (Let's not talk about the cord octopus behind the cabinet that goes to all of the various devices...

CC28627C-4E1E-4A75-A1B5-F3034E3DD263_zpsqr8yhwyz.jpg

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finishing this today. I bought a medicine cabinet at Home Depot and mounted everything inside. Fits nicely in a small area next to the tank. I have ordered a vinyl covering for the cabinet mirror to make it less obtrusive. (Let's not talk about the cord octopus behind the cabinet that goes to all of the various devices...

CC28627C-4E1E-4A75-A1B5-F3034E3DD263_zpsqr8yhwyz.jpg
Looks great I'm planning on a IKEA bests unit myself

dmw913

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, @Mark Gray and @Bob Escher ! The "wood" on the back of the cabinet is really flimsy so I didn't know if everything would mount properly. Looks like it will work ok. For my first attempt on my earlier tank I had done a really terrible job using a regular board and then just hid it in the stand. This looks better and I can access it quickly. Ultimately, I was forced to find a decent solution because the sump I ordered was bigger than anticipated and mounting in the tank stand itself was not an option. I do like the idea of keeping the controller separated from the water though and now I have a 1.5" hole saw! :).

Hope you all are having a nice holiday.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now mine is in my stand next to my sump with no room. It is mounted to a board and I'm working wto get a IKEA cabinet to put outside and attached to the stand. I'm definitely not a woodworker/ or DIY guy ( I can work on cars and computers) but also don't have anywhere to set up equipment
But here mine is with and without the plexiglas between the sump and the APEX

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

Last edited:

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be worried to death the moisture would be to much directly under the stand near a sump.
Surprised no not at all. Matter of fact the top of the modules all have dust on them. I just need to store more underneath and as shown I have no place for wiring. Although t did buy three one foot aquabus cables and was very happy I'm going to replace all my aquabus cable with the one footers

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the classic and just used a 1×4 painted black and mounted using screen door throw bolts on the backside so it is removable.
542a82ac0980c33d0e0b2aebb5f72343.jpg

Modules are mounted on the back because access isn't needed after they are hooked up.
f88c4645a0657f37fe511b549f70683f.jpg

I mounted the eb8 on the back board and used my wedge ballasts with a mesh rack to support power bricks and wiring.
Simple yet very functional.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 62 28.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 48 22.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back