Apex screen wont work!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unplugged my screen from the aquabus, then plugged it back in after moving everything to the computer, and now it will not light up. Did I just ruin my display or what?

saltbitten

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could say the same thing for my display I haven't been able to get mine to come up for a few days now when I went to work it was fine I came home and it's been gone ever since we thought we would try deleting the module now we can't get it back so I'm assuming it's unable to find it
I tried unhooking the display ,new firmware, going back to an older configuration and keeping everything unhooked for 24 hours. which brings me to here I was hoping to see somebodys thread and have it help me.

fraggingfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Curt told me was, you're not suppose to plug the Display directly to the PC due to different voltages and possibility of a surge.
That's why he recommends you connect your controller through a surge protector as it can easily blow it's capacitors.

It's not the screen that is damaged, rarely is.
You may need to check the base module to see if it still works.
Try connecting to your Apex via your network, if you're able to access it no problem then surely, it is a display problem.
If you're unable to access the Apex, then we clearly know what the problem is.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 191 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.6%
Back