Aptasia Help!!

johnyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers,

Unfortunate I found little aptasia pieces around my tank. It started a week ago when I found one on my rock but no where else so I took the rock out and killed it and put the rock back in. It seems to have spread and now it's starting to grow all over. I want to get a hold of it before it gets out of control. What should I do ! I really don't want a copperband so any other good suggestions? I saw Joes Juice? Anything that will kill these things without harming my corals or fish? Thank you for the replies in advance I hope you guys can help me! [emoji1417]

Fun reefing

Nibejeebies

R2R is the reason for my Insomia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AptaisaX has worked in the past for me, but now I stick with Atlantic peppermint shrimp. They will destroy every single last one in your tank pretty quickly.

Anthony Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with Manuel control is if you don't get the entire foot of the aptaisa it's going to multiply and live. Try a kalkwasser paste and when you inject the aptaisa make sure you get the paste in the mouth then proceed to fill the hole the nem is in with the paste. If you only have a few the kalk paste won't hurt anything but a ton of it will mess with your parameters this is at your discretion on how many to get with the paste. Get some with a kalk paste then the rest with aptaisa X. If they come back in swarms after that your only sure fire way to get rid of them is by getting some Burghia Nudibranchs aka aptaisa eating nudibranchs. All they eat is aptaisa. But you will have to get quite a few and that gets expensive.

I manually fought forever then it got to the point I couldn't keep up now my 220g DT is litterally covered every inche of the rocks and substrate with thousands of aptaisa. I'm litterally waiting to have enough spare money to drop $250 on nudibranchs to get rid of the problem. In my case nudibranchs are my only option.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back